• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ridiculously Early 2013 Ace Race Disc Speculation Thread!

Maybe it'll fall somewhere in-between the XL and Teebird, has that distinguished old school fairway driver wing. It might just be because I'm viewing pictures on my phone but to me the wing isn't even close to the river. I'm gonna guess this is going to be more overstable than many are speculating, especially in Ti plastic.

Just finished the ace race. I think the mold came out wrong, it's not very understable at all. It flies and feels like a stable MOLF (Orion LF). Very disappointed, not a good disc for ace race. Slight high speed turn on long drives with predictable hard fade. I think they need to go back and tweek the mold before they put it into production, this is not beginner friendly.

Just finished the ace race. I think the mold came out wrong, it's not very understable at all. It flies and feels like a stable MOLF (Orion LF).

Pretty sure this is how they are suposed to fly, from what everyone is reporting. :\

A domey CD imo. I put it up to my CD and it's pretty close to same wing but domey, and thus more stable. I'd put it between cfd and my cd for stability.

I feel like it has a similar profile to the teebird. I just got a couple, but I haven't thrown them yet.

I feel like it has a similar profile to the teebird. I just got a couple, but I haven't thrown them yet.

is this going to be the end all of "What discraft disc flys like a teebird?"

Just finished the ace race. I think the mold came out wrong, it's not very understable at all. It flies and feels like a stable MOLF (Orion LF). Very disappointed, not a good disc for ace race. Slight high speed turn on long drives with predictable hard fade. I think they need to go back and tweek the mold before they put it into production, this is not beginner friendly.

Sounds like a winner to me! Not good for ace races, but I'm excited about the disc (well, I'll be excited when it's out in bright colors of Z plastic). My local A.R. isn't for another month though... :\

I threw mine last weekend. I tried out a 160ish and a 170-172. I prefer the heavier disc, but most of my discs are in the 170-175 range. I liked it well enough, just not sure how the disc will be after it's beat up a bit.

For me a newbie and rhbh thrower, it definitely had some fade to it. It seemed to fly pretty well. I think I expected it to be even more stable than it was with the reports on this thread. It flew a lot like my NukeSS when it was new. will say this was the first disc I have been able to get a nice consistent S-curve with by putting a bit of an anny on it. I enjoyed throwing it and am looking forward to having one in my bag.

My group was mostly guys that had been playing for several years, and most of them preferred to throw it hard and sidearm. Even those that are traditional throwers. They also commented on how it had very little glide and 2 were pretty convinced that it would just stop and fall.

Not the best pic but its somewhat similar

29cqiz9.png

10mmwbb.jpg

I played an Ace Race a few weeks ago. Disc is similar to a Eagle and a Teebird. Little more HSS than an Eagle-X and a little less than a Teebird. The lines it will fly well will coincide most with Teebird lines IMO. I was pumping mine out to 350ft with minimal turn and predictable fade.

The disc is wonderful I think it will be a solid disc in Discrafts "lacking" fairway line up.

The Ace Race was miserable though, throwing this thing at the chains from 200ft wasn't horrible, but retrieving it after flying 80ft into the crap behind the bucket was pretty annoying.

Latest posts