• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Right disc for shot?

First you identify the least risky flight path then figure out which of your discs and shots (backhand, forehand, overhead) that fits that path.

Once you spend a lot of time with the same set of discs you start to "learn" them and KNOW exactly what they will do (even in different winds)...thats how you will KNOW what shot to take.

Playing rounds with limited discs will help you figure out what lines each disc is good or bad for, and spending time trying out different shots in a field without the distractions at the course can help too.

Try using the shortest disc that'll reach the target. I throw mostly mids and putters.

It ain't the years, it's the miles. He11 I'm surprised when I can get 200+ of air. That's why the mids and putters.

hows your roller game? thats what all the super ultra uber grandest masters around me throw.;)

you may also want to consider the percentage of your ability to consistently execute the shot and the risk/reward of a given shot based on your lie, desired line, and disc you want to throw.

Go out and test fly your discs, and then make a chart that you carry in your bag, like this one. I tried to PM you this, but it said you mail box is full. You need to delete some messages:

Shotsinthebag.jpg

Down/up Hill?
Wind strength and direction?
Distance?
Direction -- left/right turn?
What's left and right of my line?
What's under and over my line?

Down/up Hill?
Wind strength and direction?
Distance?
Direction -- left/right turn?
What's left and right of my line?
What's under and over my line?

Well, my chart was just an example . You can take it much farther.

I write all my info on my discs:

Mybag1.jpg

Well, my chart was just an example . You can take it much farther.

I write all my info on my discs:

Mybag1.jpg

If someone breaks into your truck, your bag is probably going to get stolen but I think your discs will be left behind. :p

So I'm curious. As your discs beat in over time and their flight characteristics change, do you acetone or Magic Erase the flight arrows on the discs to reflect their most current lines?

Also what is KFC? Is that a Colonel Sanders mold? I bet it's finger lickin' good.

Latest posts