• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Right to left flyer.

RedBear23

Bogey Member
I am in need of a mid that flies, when thrown RHBH, from right to left or something that will hyzer flip and finish to the right similar to the way a beat DX wedge flies. The kids that I carry now are Roc3, and Buzzz, I also carry a shark but use the other two molds more often. I am also looking to find something that will finish straight for those occasional long tunnel shots.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

I am in need of a mid that flies, when thrown RHBH, from right to left or something that will hyzer flip and finish to the right similar to the way a beat DX wedge flies. The kids that I carry now are Roc3, and Buzzz, I also carry a shark but use the other two molds more often. I am also looking to find something that will finish straight for those occasional long tunnel shots.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Definitely meant mids, not kids.

id say check out to opto Core. its between a buzz SS and a buzzz to me and its the perfect disc for those buttery understable anhyzers shots. when u get it on an anny line, it floats for days.

I'd vote for the Mako3, Kite, or Foxbat if you're an Innova fan.
I had a beat in Ibex that was GREAT for hyzer flips.

DX Stingray, Pro-D Stratus. Should be easy to get them to go right on a hyzerflip. Maybe too easy :p

i would say the fuse beat will flip, i was looking at the kite it should do what your asking. get DX plastic with something stable. It will become a hyzer flip machine that is once you break it in.

The foxbat will stay right. It won't even try to fight back a the the end - not even a little bit. This is the best disc I've used for a right hand smooth sweeper.

id say check out to opto Core. its between a buzz SS and a buzzz to me and its the perfect disc for those buttery understable anhyzers shots. when u get it on an anny line, it floats for days.

I like my opto Core (180g) for left to right shots. Powered down this is a very straight controlable flyer for me. If you need even more flippy - the Fuse might be the way to go.

The original mako (star) is great out of the box, for those left to right throws. If you can't wait to beat in a disc, I would suggest that

Tangent is what i use for this, its a slower turnover than most discs and doesn't burn like my fuse/tursas does. If you want controlled turnovers that end straight and laser hyzerflips, Tangent or Mako. If you want easier distance with overglide and flippy turnovers that end still right or cut, fuse or tursas.

the fuse/tursas both broke in extremely fast for me, within a couple weeks they were taking cut rollers on lines that my tangent (which i have used for 6 months) would still land flat on and i also found the tangent to be far more easy to control on turnover lines because the bead dampens the turn and slows it down slightly.

Tangent works great at farther distances with more power also, but can be powered down to fuse/tursas/mako power ranges just fine give the right release. I would say the Tangent would require a little anny on shorter throws though, the LSS on the tangent likes to fade to flat quickly if you power it down too much. If your looking for shorter throws under 200' then fuse/tursas/mako may work better.

Last edited:
DX Stingray, Pro-D Stratus. Should be easy to get them to go right on a hyzerflip. Maybe too easy :p

This ^^ I have both in my bag. Stingray for the hyzerflip finishing righ, stratus for the floaty anny.

dx stingray. mine is starting get a little beat......but at 250 ft of power on a level pull this thing glides out nicely to the right. smooth , non stop turn and glide for days with out trying to do anything but throw level. has just enough low speed stability to pull back to level and set down nice and easy without any cut roll. its hard to believe this thing was once considered a long distance driver. you would have to start this thing upside down on a hyzer flip to throw it 400 ft.

Last edited:
I use a Crosslap Lucky as my under stable mid. But there are several discs that fit this role.

Latest posts