• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Rip Cord" Backhand Breakthrough

no problem. it sounds more like you are starting from the left shoulder (assuming RHBH) and then letting your right shoulder and arm drop down, then converting that downward momentum into a forward pull. that is an air bounce or nose up if you are keeping the disc tilted like / and will be anhyzer if you keep \

you actually want to pull on an even plane, but you are on the right track - many throwers who throw far will create some downward momentum with their body on their run up and use that force to convert into weight shift from front to back as they plant their front foot. so you have the right concept! just the wrong mechanics and motion. :)

Yeah that's about right haha. I know it's improper and that I should pull on an even plane, but throwing this way gave me the feeling of snap and release that I've never gotten on another throw. I was wondering how I could get that same effect with my normal throw?

Lately I'm stuck on how to actually release the disc. :doh:

I get setup in a good position, then I'm not sure about the order of events to actually throw :/ and it has been holding me back.

What is the transitional step from the reach back, to the disc coming to the right pec, to the release?

That YT clip is the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to a basket as a cage. Started sounding pretty suspicious at that point, but wow is that ending classic.

I always wondered what everyone meant when they would say "you let the disc rip out of your hand" until I finally discovered it. I just kept throwing rhbh with more and more power and speed and it happened on its own. It was a pretty cool discovery because the distance I got when it happened the first time was like "holy ****, that's how they do that"

Great stuff

Latest posts