• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Road Trip Vermont to Utah

alfonseski

Birdie Member
So, driving to Utah in 3 weeks or so(driving my daughter a car out for College). I am pumped to play some disc golf along the way. I am going to try I70(driven 80 before). Any courses CLOSE to 70 anyone can recommend? I plan to book it to Colorado before slowing down. I would love a few good courses to break the drive up with, say in the Indiana-Kansas range. Once I get to CO I plan to play some of the courses around Pine, are they difficult to get tee times at? After that on to Moab, and then up to Salt Lake City. Worth playing Both Moab courses? What about up in Salt Lake? I know there finest course will be closed(Solitude) but is it worth it to drive up to Ogden to play? Any other things I am missing?

Thanks!

Recommendations

Both Moab Courses are worth playing. However, if you're not in 4wheel drive you may need to skip Base Camp. Unfortunately that is the one you DON'T want to miss. It's one of the best experiences of disc golf you'll ever experience.
The city course in Moab is still great so stop for sure.
Once you make it to SLC it's too bad you can't play Solitude.
However, if you can play Arte Dye in American Fork, Creekside in Murray and RiverPark in Riverdale is a must play.

Enjoy your trip! All I can do is recommend. Definitely come back and play Solitude. And some day, make a trip to Base Camp in Moab. Both are MUST experience courses.

Thanks for the advice! The car I am bringing out is a subaru outback with some burly tires so I should be good! Getting psyched!

Thanks for the advice! The car I am bringing out is a subaru outback with some burly tires so I should be good! Getting psyched!
I have an Impreza and I would be hesitant to drive down that road. The main issue is the unevenness to the road, lots of places to scrap your undercarriage. But I think Outbacks have a little more clearance than Imprezas though.

If you are in Pine, CO. between snowstorms, you shouldn't have much trouble getting a tee time at Phantom Falls or Bucksnort, especially if it's a week day. I wouldn't want to play Bucksnort if there is any snow or ice on the ground. There are some serious slopes and drop-offs on that course. Phantom is a southern exposure so I think it stays clear most of the time. I think Bailey is closed for the season, but Beaver Ranch is not reservation required. It's all going to depend on the snow cover.

No tee times needed at Beaver Ranch or Bailey in the Pine, CO area. Both courses were awesome in the summer...not sure how they play in winter conditions, but both are top notch courses if you have any problems getting tee times secured at Bucksnort or Phantom.

Also, the Ghost Town course is not too far out of the way from Pine. Have fun out there!

I visited Salt Lake City last year and played Creekside, which was a fantastic course. Also played Art Dye down in American Fork (closer to Provo) and really enjoyed that one. I also played a few courses up in Logan, but they were pretty forgettable for the most part.

Thanks so much for all of this info, this is great stuff! Anyone think 80 is better than 70 for Disc golf courses? I have driven 80 so many times figured I would go 70 this time, I dislike driving through Nebraska as well. My buddy told me they had a ton of good courses though...

Do not miss basecamp adventure lodge! I was lucky enough to play my round w avery jenkins and gf who were a blast to play with! ...even without that it is easally my number one course, Better than conifer and beaver meadows-

Thanks so much for all of this info, this is great stuff! Anyone think 80 is better than 70 for Disc golf courses? I have driven 80 so many times figured I would go 70 this time, I dislike driving through Nebraska as well. My buddy told me they had a ton of good courses though...

I guess it boils down to do you like Nebraska or Kansas better?? Personally, I'd say that the Nebraksa courses aren't that stellar but if I had to choose I'd try an get a guide for Hummel(haven't played) outside Omaha if that fell through Seymou Smith or anything ranked above 3.5 in Iowa and then i would play the Cottonmill in Kearney, those are the two best courses the state has to offer, I think. I only have 22 courses along in Nebraska but most are along I-80.

Latest posts