• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roadrunner

I've considered the Heat. I already use 4 Discraft molds and I don't want my bag to get too dominated by one brand. I like to spread the wealth between MVP/Innova/Discraft/Prodigy.

I briefly tried to throw all Trilogy because I heard about this team trilogy thing that turned out to be a shady cult. In general I cant see a reason not to throw the best disc available, unless your sponsor says you cant.

fortunately the RR is the best disc so you dont have to worry about it today...

Last edited:
I love the roadrunner and had one in the bag for over 2 years. But then I found the mamba! I know it's a speed faster than your original request, but for me a lighter weight, beat mamba has the same understable flight, flies the same over a wider power range than the roadrunner, and doesn't get moved around by the wind quite as much. The best part is that it powers down better for me. A 50% throw with my roadrunner yields too similar a flight to a leopard, and sometimes has too much fade left at the end. A 50% throw with a mamba is more likely to stay straight or right for the whole flight, like a shorter version of its max power flight.

I love the roadrunner and had one in the bag for over 2 years. But then I found the mamba! I know it's a speed faster than your original request, but for me a lighter weight, beat mamba has the same understable flight, flies the same over a wider power range than the roadrunner, and doesn't get moved around by the wind quite as much. The best part is that it powers down better for me. A 50% throw with my roadrunner yields too similar a flight to a leopard, and sometimes has too much fade left at the end. A 50% throw with a mamba is more likely to stay straight or right for the whole flight, like a shorter version of its max power flight.
Big difference I've found on these two discs -- on a big sky anhyzer the RR will turn over, reach maximum height and then glide long and straight to the ground. Whereas my Mamba will flex out and take a hard fade. I bag both discs and enjoy them for different purposes but for that shot they're very different.

Big difference I've found on these two discs -- on a big sky anhyzer the RR will turn over, reach maximum height and then glide long and straight to the ground. Whereas my Mamba will flex out and take a hard fade. I bag both discs and enjoy them for different purposes but for that shot they're very different.

what time of Mamba are you throwing?

Got my Champion Roadrunner (175g/Flat) in the mail yesterday and was able to get on the course with it for about an hour. Absolutely what I was looking for. Super long hyzer flip BH drives where I can focus on form without a lot of effort. Seemed to compliment my Valkyrie really well where I'll use it on uphill drives and really tight wooded shots where my Comets won't be long enough. Innova's speed 9 class drivers fit my BH distance game perfectly. I'm ready to finally develop a distance roller.

They've got one role for me right now. Uphill distance with a big hyzer flip that won't turn and burn.

Jeez. No disc should have one role. Except maybe your putting putter.

Put it to work.

yeah, learn the roller.
(*I don't own a rr)

Champ Glow RR was my favorite. I lost it somehow in a freak accident. I'll need to replace it, but I grabbed a Star Sidewinder in lighter weight so its about the same. Either one is great

Roadrunners are so effing versatile if you can control your release angles. Just so great in the woods. Also tailwinds, turnovers, rollers.

Yes. I think the flight numbers scared me at first but your spot on.

My first hole-in-one was with a Roadrunner. A sweet stalling hyzer from about 250 feet.

But seriously, I love everything about that disc. Now my favorite shot with it is a massive hyzer to turnover thrown way high into the air. It a thing of beauty to watch it slowly turn and hold through the descent.

roadrunners will be the next big thing to spike,mcbeth is using them

That and the Champion Aviar. It's odd that no Innova player has chosen the RR for a signature disc. I haven't even seen one picked as a touring fundraiser.

The numbers on the sidewinder seem to fit what I want but I've always liked the RR more.

Latest posts