• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roadrunner

The numbers on the sidewinder seem to fit what I want but I've always liked the RR more.
The Sidewinder needs to be pretty broken in to become a roller, especially if you don't have 500' of non-internet power. Even then you should still be able to throw it as a driver for hyzerflip, sky annys, or powered down and flat.

Roadrunner just takes less time to get to roller status. Get a light one and it will roll out of the box for most people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

haven't throw either road r. would like to throw it against the saint. which for me is my dream hyzer flip disc. also doubling as a roller when need be.

believe paul m. had a new 162g. roadrunner at the euro o. that he was using as his primary roller.

Very specific. How did you find that out?

It would be cool if pros like PM would say how much their discs weigh in ITB videos. I think a lot of really good pros are using lighter weights.

believe paul m. had a new 162g. roadrunner at the euro o. that he was using as his primary roller.

Yeah the mentioned that at least once in one of the videos I watched. It was in between the many times they were taking about the champ Aviar he was using.

I would like it if for most of the throws of they had a graphic of what disc they were throwing.

Yeah the mentioned that at least once in one of the videos I watched. It was in between the many times they were taking about the champ Aviar he was using.

I would like it if for most of the throws of they had a graphic of what disc they were throwing.

Disc weights aren't always mentioned, or else they say "all discs are max wt." at some point. But sometimes they do point out the disc weight, so it's hit or miss.

Also, the videographers do a great job, but asking them for graphics of the disc (when it my not even be known) is asking a lot. As to WITB videos, they often DO show the disc graphic, or else the player is holding up the disc...

so yet another confirmation that light discs are ideal in certain situations (like you want your roller a little light to decrease stablity aiding in the flip to roll scenario).

i looked at the numbers on this one last night at innova's web site and believe they are identical to the saint.

Roadrunners. I throw them a lot in the woods. More stable champ and less stable star, relatively speaking, cover a lot of touchy hyzerflip shots. And they work great when you've played 10+ long courses in three days and you're dwindling in the POW.

I love my sidewinders, but have been meaning to give a RR a shot, particularly for sky annys and rollers. I find that even my slightly beaten in Star Sidewinder tends to flex out earlier than I want on sky annys.

How does the RoadRunner compare to the Insanity? I'm think about getting something a little more understable than what I have.

How does the RoadRunner compare to the Insanity? I'm think about getting something a little more understable than what I have.

Roadrunner is slower and more understable in most plastics than an Insanity. I think a Champion (especially Glo-Champion) RR is comparable in stability.

RR has a better feel IMO. It has a deeper rim which makes it easier to grip.

It sounds like you would be interested in a Star RR (170-175g) if you're looking for something more US than an Insanity.

I have used both. All discs depend on plastic and weight. But to get to the point here's your answer

Insanity is faster. From my experience it is very similar, Insanity seems to turn more dramatically initially, fade out is similar. Overall stability I would say are very close.

I have a Star RR 175g and a Neutron Insanity 174g -> Similar plastic and weight. When comparing these the Star RR overall flies more stable, BUT - my other RR's that are more worn in fly a bit more US than the Insanity.

Short answer. Very similar, Insanity faster - Distance potential about the same - get both see what you like ;)

If you want more US yeah I agree Try a Star around 166-170 - that will fly nice and US - My Glow Champ RR at 175g is actually quite Stable, but it took 2 yrs to wear in and its $ now.

Star RR is one of my favorite US fairways. Easy to let go of, easy to range, can make all kinds of lines.

If they didn't make it and sidewinders I'd probably have a hoarder-sized stash of tbs and jk valk in all configs and seasonings.

Anyone know if all the Gregg Barsby Tour Roadrunners 175g?

That's all I've seen. Haven't thrown mine yet since they're white and it's winter in MT. Almost all tour series are Max weight. Only exception I can think of are the Philo destroyers that come in around the high 160's and a small run of 2016 Sextons that were 170-172.

The two I have are both 175, though I haven't weighed them. I'm not super familiar with the mold, but I like them so far. Not as flippy as I expected, but sure do seem like they will season in to a good slot. I had a few good bombs with the one in my bag on some gentle turnover lines. They did fade back a bit harder at the end than I thought but that's not a bad thing.

Latest posts