• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roadrunner

One thing about this Innova Glow, it was VERY "oily" , no grip at all. . .hade too wash it and then rubb some sand on it.

Are all Innova Glow like this? i Have alot of Glow disc but never hade this "problem" before

I have the Glow Champion Katana and Valkyrie, and have felt Glow Champion Wraiths. All are too slippery for my liking. Definitely not grippy like the newer Jolly Launcher plastic is now.

Looking for a more stable RR compliment to my 167 star RR. Sounds like champ is that, but I don't really care for champ, grip and finding the translucent colors. What are the stabilities of gstar and echostar like?

Looking for a more stable RR compliment to my 167 star RR. Sounds like champ is that, but I don't really care for champ, grip and finding the translucent colors. What are the stabilities of gstar and echostar like?

Don't think you will find what you are looking for in G* or Echostar.

Could just try a Max weight star, or maybe add a Sidewinder.

Yeah a fresh 175g Star RR should do the trick, otherwise just get a Star Sidewinder. and if youre into mixing up discs a Discmania TD is very similar, I also really like the S line CD which is a good amount of stability -- :thmbup:

Bright colors in Champ.

Yeah a fresh 175g Star RR should do the trick, otherwise just get a Star Sidewinder. and if youre into mixing up discs a Discmania TD is very similar, I also really like the S line CD which is a good amount of stability -- :thmbup:

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Maybe you could get an STD from Barsby?

:doh:

Go ahead and try all the Innova/Discmania speed 9's. They all feel great in the hand & can cover most players' distance needs. Depending on the course, my bag will see any combination of Firebird/FD3/Thunderbird/CD2/Valkyrie/Sidewinder.

I added a Valk as stable compliment to my Sidewinder and it has been exactly what I was looking for.

Bright colors in Champ.

I agree, brother has a dyed one and it has an easy to find color in it but the other a bronze like orange that makes the disc hard to find. Yes the newer highlighter green is easy to find but the main is bronze like orange and that is a really hard to find disc in dark places. That was about the only RR my brother could find at the time in Champion as he never liked the Star plastic, Odd as he likes ESP. He has a Monarch he was using for a time that was the light Purple as Innova stopped making or was hard to find a RR for a small period and it is so hard to find he stopped using a disc in that understable spot he had the RR.

All the blue discs,the purples, and bad choice dyed discs should be ban from all companies clear plastic. Almost forgot the clear some brands make should be ban from being made as well. I had a blue Valkyrie in the first of the modern Champion plastic that was hard to see and made harder to see when the plastic got a blue tinge to it from a yellow Star Valkyrie. Odd the Star disc never changed color.

Holy cow.

I've recently found 2 pfn Star roadrunners with no ink on the course. Eventually they may end up in the bag for ridiculous wooded golf and backhand rollers. I've only thrown them a couple times . They will only flip at full power but that is exactly what I want for the slots they'll hold.

Last edited:
Holy cow.

I've recently found 2 pfn Star roadrunners with no ink on the course. Eventually they may end up in the bag for ridiculous wooded golf and backhand rollers. I've only thrown them a couple times . They will only flip at full power but that is exactly what I want for the slots they'll hold.

Must be nice. I have a pfn star that I love.

Just found a yellow very swirly star PFN, patent# at PIAS for $7. Loving the flight on this thing.

I seem to have gotten a freak. Picked up a 171 Star RR, and it's flying closer to a Valkyrie than any Roadrunner I've seen before. Turns some but comes back. Weird.

Sounds pretty normal for a fresh Roadrunner. Give it a little time to knock the flashing down, and you'll be in business.

Played my first glowround this weekend, and i didnt have any glow mids so took my Glow Roadrunner.

Strangely i did REALLY well, throw my Roadrunner at 50-60% on holes i normaly throw a Buzzz or an M4 . .. and i had birdys 3 times in a row on a hole i rarely have birdys on i daylight?!?

The Glow Roadrunner powerd down flew very straight and controlled . . . i really starting to question my disc choice on my normal rounds

Played my first glowround this weekend, and i didnt have any glow mids so took my Glow Roadrunner.

Strangely i did REALLY well, throw my Roadrunner at 50-60% on holes i normaly throw a Buzzz or an M4 . .. and i had birdys 3 times in a row on a hole i rarely have birdys on i daylight?!?

The Glow Roadrunner powerd down flew very straight and controlled . . . i really starting to question my disc choice on my normal rounds

Don't fight it.

Got out to play a few holes today and my 2017 Barsby tour series Star roadrunner 175g was money. Parked a tight nearly tunnel shot 380ft hole that I had previously been throwing a 2x pfn champ beast. The roadrunner just flips to flat and coasts dead straight. Wouldn't mind having one that's a little flippier but I think I'll just let this one work itself there. Going to be giving this mold a lot more love this season.

Got out to play a few holes today and my 2017 Barsby tour series Star roadrunner 175g was money. Parked a tight nearly tunnel shot 380ft hole that I had previously been throwing a 2x pfn champ beast. The roadrunner just flips to flat and coasts dead straight. Wouldn't mind having one that's a little flippier but I think I'll just let this one work itself there. Going to be giving this mold a lot more love this season.

What's the profile like on the Barsby RR? Domey, flat, somewhere in between?

Latest posts