• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roadrunner

First off it should have been 2018 tour series in my first post, but it's got a pretty moderate dome. It's not flat but the dome isn't pop top. I can get a pretty comfortable forehand grip on it and I don't care for domey forehand discs. I have one more but it's identical color (both orange) and weight so my sample size is small.

When I started out playing I bought a 162g * Roadrunner. I loved it, it was easily my longest disc. I didn't have a big arm, this was a perfect distance driver for my arm. The glide was insane. But then I got into FDs and I beat up a few that basically took over the role of the Roadrunner. A beat sFD is v v similar to a Roadrunner, even the feel of the rim. Which is a good thing because the FD is pretty much the best disc out there for beginners and intermediate players. The Roadrunner is very underrated IMO. If you're a low armspeed player forget about distance drivers. The Roadrunner will outdrive all of them. Bombs :bomb:

First off it should have been 2018 tour series in my first post, but it's got a pretty moderate dome. It's not flat but the dome isn't pop top. I can get a pretty comfortable forehand grip on it and I don't care for domey forehand discs. I have one more but it's identical color (both orange) and weight so my sample size is small.

Oh gotcha...yeah I had heard the Tour Series RR's were on the domey side.

When I started out playing I bought a 162g * Roadrunner. I loved it, it was easily my longest disc. I didn't have a big arm, this was a perfect distance driver for my arm. The glide was insane. But then I got into FDs and I beat up a few that basically took over the role of the Roadrunner. A beat sFD is v v similar to a Roadrunner, even the feel of the rim. Which is a good thing because the FD is pretty much the best disc out there for beginners and intermediate players. The Roadrunner is very underrated IMO. If you're a low armspeed player forget about distance drivers. The Roadrunner will outdrive all of them. Bombs :bomb:

The G* RR should be everybody's first "distance" driver...easy distance, glides great, is actually a -3 or -4 turn unlike Champs and Stars. That's why GStar is so great, the discs are pretty close to their numbers out of the box and don't need to have the "new" knocked off.

Finally got a Barsby Sig Star RR...and mine is 170g, pop top and bright green. Plastic feels great and it's stable for a RR but man will that thing glide forever.

Finally got a Barsby Sig Star RR...and mine is 170g, pop top and bright green. Plastic feels great and it's stable for a RR but man will that thing glide forever.

I got myself one to be my hyzerflip to turnover that holds forever in a slight downhill. Instead if see the potential for my soon to be go-to hyzerflip wooded distance driver, i tried to get it out to 400' on a sky s-line but it just did a minimal curve with the most air time of all the 20 discs is threw...

I bet beat in this is that disc that will allow my confidence to grow enough to throw faster and straighter in the woods. :clap:

My star 167g RR seems a lot more stable than 9, 5, -4, 1.....its the normal weight I use on all my discs.

I love how it flies, but the numbers are odd to me. Sort of flies like 9, 5, -2, 2 in star plastic.

My star 167g RR seems a lot more stable than 9, 5, -4, 1.....its the normal weight I use on all my discs.

I love how it flies, but the numbers are odd to me. Sort of flies like 9, 5, -2, 2 in star plastic.

I'm a bit out of the RR loop... 9 5 -2 2 wasn't that the original ratings on a RR? Like 10yrs ago?

The newer RR star feels more like a G* while my RR I bought 2 years ago feels more like a star and is more stable. The newer one out of the box is less stable than my broken in RR. Both Stars.

I'm a bit out of the RR loop... 9 5 -2 2 wasn't that the original ratings on a RR? Like 10yrs ago?

Roadrunner numbers have not changed. The Roadrunner has always been to the right of the Sidewinder and Valkyrie on the flight charts as it has more high speed turn.

Valkyrie 9, 4, -2, 2
Sidewinder 9, 5, -3, 1
Roadrunner 9, 5, -4, 1

Do Roadrunners have the same distance potential as Sidewinders? I have been messing around with Sidewinders for extreme downwind distance with some decent success. Even more turn would help though.

Do Roadrunners have the same distance potential as Sidewinders? I have been messing around with Sidewinders for extreme downwind distance with some decent success. Even more turn would help though.

I'd say so, if you can control it. They're definitely flippier than Sidewinders, but if you hyzerflip one it will go and go.

I'd say so, if you can control it. They're definitely flippier than Sidewinders, but if you hyzerflip one it will go and go.

I agree. A RR seems to require less speed to keep it gliding than a SW. If you are enjoying a SW, you'll have fun with a RR.

My older star RR has a beautiful S curve when I throw it pretty flat. I can maybe throw them 300 accurately which 275 to 300 is my distance to be on point. Rivers go farther for me but are more touchy. The Beast, RR, River and 2 teebirds are my drivers I bag.

I'm loving RRs now. I'm so happy that the numbers are off. These are my disc for max distance.

Roadrunner numbers have not changed. The Roadrunner has always been to the right of the Sidewinder and Valkyrie on the flight charts as it has more high speed turn.

Valkyrie 9, 4, -2, 2
Sidewinder 9, 5, -3, 1
Roadrunner 9, 5, -4, 1

And the Infinite Discs Sphinx, allegedly the Valk top and RR bottom, is listed as 9,6,-3,1, but that "6" glide may not be truly the case...

Side note: I took my old 170g Star Roadrunner out to the course today for the first time in years. There was a steady breeze, and my RR didn't turn over in the tailwinds, but it flew pretty well, very similar to my slightly lighter weight Sphinxes. :thmbup:

Not that it actually contributes to the thread but I threw my longest drive with my barsby roadrunner this weekend a little over 400' from a standstill. That'll probably never happen again.

Latest posts