• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz, to end all wars

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I'm tired of all the Roc/Buzzz fanboys thread jacking (which is saying something since I haven't been playing that long) so here is the deal. Roc lovers and Buzzz lovers, contribute ONE positive aspect for your disc of choice and only one. Do not repeat any aspects/points/arguments previously stated. If you have to list multiple reasons please number them for the sake of clarity. You could argue that they're not comparably the same but who cares, if I want to compare apples to oranges I will. Will this stop the madness, probably not, but all we can do is try. As a Skeeter man, I'm staying out of this.

When I ring the bell come out swinging *ding*

although there are multiple roc vs buzz threads out there i like this new one aspect twist.

roc~i can forearm in dead straight and thread almost any needle

Ilikewherethis.jpg

That's like trying to end the violence between the Jews and Palestinians. Besides, we all know the skeeter is the best, we just don't like like to publicly announce it.

Hmm, never tried the Skeeter, but the Nebula is my weapon of choice. How does the skeeter fly?

Hmm, never tried the Skeeter, but the Nebula is my weapon of choice. How does the skeeter fly?

Straight as an arrow when released flat. Holds a hyzer or an annie. You just can't throw it real hard but it is a midrange after all...
How does the nebula fly? I just ordered a Rattler, any comments?

Straight as an arrow when released flat. Holds a hyzer or an annie. You just can't throw it real hard but it is a midrange after all...
How does the nebula fly? I just ordered a Rattler, any comments?

That's one nice thing about the roc. Pretty hard to turn it over if you release it flat. You can put a lot of sauce on that sucker and it still goes straight. At least when it's new. I haven't beat mine in yet. And I've never thrown a buzzzzzz. How many Zs are on that thing anyway?

wow, even the thread about the roc vs. the buzzz was threadjacked into just a random collection of whatever people want to say. To put some effort toward maintaining the original idea of this thread

Roc: Flies flat, straight, and can go a long long ways.

I have horrible form and somehow the buzzz just works out for some of my shots. Granted I have never thrown a roc but when I can have a horrible throw and my disc still ends up in the fairway, i give it up to the disc that lets me do that.

wow, even the thread about the roc vs. the buzzz was threadjacked into just a random collection of whatever people want to say.

Staying on topic is just another way for The Man to keep you down. Say what you want when you want and to who you want.

And in case you didn't know, The Buzzz is beyond awesome-- the people have spoke.

And in case you didn't know, The Buzzz is beyond awesome-- skurf has spoken.
Fixed.

I like the consistent feel in my hand of only throwing one mold. With the Roc it starts out stable enough that I can use it as an overstable hyzer disc, then as it beats in it will fly straight and then after more wear it will turn over. Keeping three Rocs in the bag in various stages of wear will cover the full spectrum of midrange shots.

The Buzzz does not start out stable enough to do this and has to be combined with a Wasp to get the same effect. So you need TWO discs to do what the Roc does alone. Using simple mathematics, that makes the Buzzz only 1/2 the disc the Roc is. ;)

Keeping three Rocs in the bag in various stages of wear will cover the full spectrum of midrange shots.

The Buzzz [...] has to be combined with a Wasp to get the same effect. So you need TWO discs to do what the Roc does alone.

Using simple mathematics, that makes the Buzzz only 1/2 the disc the Roc is. ;)
Or the Roc is two-thirds the disc that the Buzzz is... ouch this makes my head hurt. :confused: