• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc vs Shark - how different ?

tomsdiscs

Birdie Member
I am a Buzzz guy, but noodle around with Dx Rocs occasionally, and was wondering what the real difference is between a Roc and Shark, they must be close.

From my experience, the Roc fades just a bit more than the Shark. I do throw both, but I'm in the minority when I say I prefer the Shark over the Roc.

Champ Shark, Pro Shark, QMS and a beat DX Shark covers every inch of a midrange lineup. Most old champs I have thrown have been meathooks when new and take ten years to beat in properly. The Pro Shark is a different mold altogether when you get it with rancho on the bottom. It is one of my favorite fairway picks but the creamy white color matches the snow to well. The QMS slips in because it's a shark with a frickin laser beam attached to it's bottom wing.

No bead on the shark and while it does have similar flight to a Buzzz they aren't nearly as forgiving to form issues. If you throw a shark with OAT you'll know it. I have two of the old dx ones I love for upshots and beginner mids for new players. New dx sharks are junk. Also ordered a champ the other day in anticipation of the Shark3's. Great mold. Should be everyone's first disc when they start.

My bad, I thought it had a small bead. I've never thrown a Shark, but hear it's a great disc.

UPS, if you had any champs you'd give them to me right?

I love the champ shark and star shark as well. They have a bit less fade than the rocs I have thrown.

Champ Shark, Pro Shark, QMS and a beat DX Shark covers every inch of a midrange lineup. Most old champs I have thrown have been meathooks when new and take ten years to beat in properly. The Pro Shark is a different mold altogether when you get it with rancho on the bottom. It is one of my favorite fairway picks but the creamy white color matches the snow to well. The QMS slips in because it's a shark with a frickin laser beam attached to it's bottom wing.

Magical discs, I hope they bring back Pros. Used champs for a while but didn't really care for them.

Pro Sharks are really sweet. That certain blend of Pro plastic they came in feels fantastic. They definitely have more glide than the Champ ones, but I feel they are more versatile. If I throw them at near full power on a flat release, they go laser straight with just a tick of fade at the end, but they also hold a killer hyzer line. Haven't tried them for turnovers that much, but that's what my D Buzzz is for.

Latest posts