• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Wasp

Fwiw, my rocs are 100% longer due to the fact i dont own any wasps, and i also dont think he was being sarcastic lol, he just realized how dumb it sounded and played it off, thats ok, i wont tell

They are made with different philosophies.

Discraft midranges are designed in the "out of the box" philosophy. Rocs are made with the idea that you have several in different stages of wear.

YOu can not compare any midrange with a roc, because a roc can be anything from a meteor to a wasp.

YOu can not compare any midrange with a roc, because a roc can be anything from a meteor to a wasp...

...especially once you've thrown it and don't know whether it's going to act like meteor or a wasp!!!

:popcorn:

...especially once you've thrown it and don't know whether it's going to act like meteor or a wasp!!!

We are talking molds in general here, not specific single discs. "Roc" as one mold does not exist.

And yes, I know that there are differend models and different generations and different plastics of roc's etc etc. But the original poster did not specify. He just asked about "Roc vs Wasp" in general. The wasp is one disc, and from the 10 Wasps I have thrown so far, they all flew the same. Rocs are many discs in different forms etc etc.

You know how it is. You throw them yourself. Dont act goofy.

Last edited:
Try the mrv in elite x or z plastic. Its a faster smaller diameter all around better roc. I use my mrv for tail wind and wasp for head wind.

Discraft midranges are designed in the "out of the box" philosophy. Rocs are made with the idea that you have several in different stages of wear.

I disagree - part of the charm of a Roc is the stability ... lots and lots of midranges can go straight or flip/turn. A new Roc is ready to use as a stable mid-range from Day 1 and can be paired with alot of different discs with less stability for a nice tandem. Some choose to slide their old Roc down into that spot - many choose something that is predictable out of the box (like the Buzzz). The fact that those two (Buzzz and Roc) pair so well together, with separate strengths, makes you wonder why the great 'debate' even matters.

If you already carry a Buzzz, go with the Wasp. The Wasp is simply a more overstable Buzzz and throws better in a headwind. Plus, both the Wasp and Roc have beaded rims, so it's a toss up when it comes to grip. I haven't thrown a Roc enough to compare, but from what I've seen, a Roc can be thrown with a variety of shots, it just depends how worn in it is

Roc vs. Wasp? Neither.

Vector.

Actually, I've never thrown the Wasp. Still gotta go Vector though. :D

I find the wasp is a bit more stable than the rocs I've thrown... Also it sucks to find rocs that feel right.

F the Wasp, I'm too busy trying to save the Nebula. Come on Discraft, Drone, Buzzz, Meteor, Impact, and Glide is not a good mid line-up, I don't care how good the Buzzz is.

Like Scooter said you throw in the Comet and heck the Zone too and you have the best lineup of mids period. Innova is second but when you throw in conistency its no contest Discraft mids are the tits.

I don't want to argue Innova vs. Discraft, but DC's mid lineup IS, IMO, second to none. I would even throw in the versatile Zombee as a longer mid, which I'm surprised doesn't get more love around here.

Says the guy throwing MVP mids...?

Overall. MVP only has 2 mids so far. Just because I don't currently have a disc bagged doesn't mean I don't think it's a great disc...i.e. Buzzz, Drone, Comet, Zone.