• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3 and Shark3 overlap?

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
I currently carry as Mids-

175 Drone D-Newish- Very Overstable
176 KC Roc 12x-Slight Beat- Slightly Overstable
174 KC Roc 11X-Beat- Stable
172 DX Roc-Beat- Slightly Understable
172 Opto Fuse- Very Understable

I'm thinking of adding a Roc3 and Shark3 and taking out the Drone? Thoughts?

I say your Mid setup is decent. The Shark3 is more overstable than the Roc3. I'd say b/c you already like Rocs just lose the Fuse & just cycle Rocs except for your very overstable slot which could be filled with the Drone or Shark3 (depending on how overstabe you want it). If you want to stick to your setup (& don't mind adding more discs to your Mid lineup) maybe just add the Roc3 b/c it seems like it would fit between your Drone & used KC Roc.

I also thought about adding a new KC Roc, I have quite a bit of room between the Drone and Slightly worn 12X Roc. Yeah I know the Shark3 is more overstable then the Roc3. I usually dont play in alot of wind so I dont use the Drone very often.

The shark is much more OS than the roc3. A new roc3 will fly very similar to your slightly beat 12x, just fly further. Maybe just get a new 12x roc to cycle with your others. A max weight.

The shark is much more OS than the roc3. A new roc3 will fly very similar to your slightly beat 12x, just fly further. Maybe just get a new 12x roc to cycle with your others. A max weight.

Thats what I was thinking on the Roc3 when looking at the reviews and charts. Maybe add a New max Shark3 and KC 12x and take out the Drone. I think that is the best plan.

Be careful with Roc3s. They're a great disc, but some runs are stable like a new KC Pro, while others are dead laser straight with a little fade (almost like a new z buzz).

So if I'm reading this right.... a Drone and Shark3 have some overlap? Just wondering cause I bag both right now, testing the Shark. I know the Drone is more O/S and I haven't really put them head to head in the field. I'd like to drop the Drone and keep the Shark if possible. Shark just feels more workable.

So if I'm reading this right.... a Drone and Shark3 have some overlap? Just wondering cause I bag both right now, testing the Shark. I know the Drone is more O/S and I haven't really put them head to head in the field. I'd like to drop the Drone and keep the Shark if possible. Shark just feels more workable.

Yes they're will be overlap in most peoples bags. The Drone is more overstable but the Shark3 is able to work a few more lines & has a little more distance potential.

Yes they're will be overlap in most peoples bags. The Drone is more overstable but the Shark3 is able to work a few more lines & has a little more distance potential.

Yea I was throwing a proto shark 3 for a while before I switched to wasps and it started out very stable. After it beat in a little it would go straight when released flat with a lot of fade. I think it trounces a drone in most categories and can do much more when worked in a little. It really is a good disc!

just picked up both a shark3 and roc3 recently just to see how the jolly ranched plastic feels. (really like the new champ. terns in that plastic so I thought what the heck lets try some of the mids) Before this I threw Buzz, Obex/Wasp and Drone. Now Im looking at replacing the wasp with the shark3. Seems to be a little nicer feeling in the hand and I can put more power into it with some more glide at the end. But Im still going to keep my drone in the bag, nothing beats it when playing in the wind. So the line up will now be 3x buzzz's (various wear stages) shark3, and Z drone.

just picked up both a shark3 and roc3 recently just to see how the jolly ranched plastic feels. (really like the new champ. terns in that plastic so I thought what the heck lets try some of the mids) Before this I threw Buzz, Obex/Wasp and Drone. Now Im looking at replacing the wasp with the shark3. Seems to be a little nicer feeling in the hand and I can put more power into it with some more glide at the end. But Im still going to keep my drone in the bag, nothing beats it when playing in the wind. So the line up will now be 3x buzzz's (various wear stages) shark3, and Z drone.

Good setup but I'd drop the Skark3 & add the Roc3 instead. The Shark3 is closer in stability to the Drone than the Roc3. The Roc3 would cause less of a gap in stability between your Drone & newest Buzzz. What plastic/s do you cycle your Buzzz's in?

Good setup but I'd drop the Skark3 & add the Roc3 instead. The Shark3 is closer in stability to the Drone than the Roc3. The Roc3 would cause less of a gap in stability between your Drone & newest Buzzz. What plastic/s do you cycle your Buzzz's in?

From what I have thrown of the roc3 and shark3 (not that much) the roc3 shoots more like the buzzz's do with maybe a titch more fade. But still playing around with both of them I know one of them are going to end up in my bag. Both are money but dont want too much overlap ya know.

I currently have 3 buzzz's and an SS in the bag, ranging from most OS to US: Barstamp buzzz tooled then Cryztal Buzzz (mildly less stable than the barstamp), X Buzzz or D (depends on weather if grip is needed or not), then finally Z Buzzz SS. This array seems to really cover all my bases. But interested in hearing what your ideas are.

i just picked up a shark3 in a players pack this weekend
i am thinking it might be a good replacement for my old wasp (its too light now, one of my first discs)
i have thrown some roc3 but they feel a lot thicker than my wasp so i dont like them

my question is.......after a bunch of search feature reading, i am still confused (due to conflicting opinions), is the shark3 or roc3 more overstable?

i just picked up a shark3 in a players pack this weekend
i am thinking it might be a good replacement for my old wasp (its too light now, one of my first discs)
i have thrown some roc3 but they feel a lot thicker than my wasp so i dont like them

my question is.......after a bunch of search feature reading, i am still confused (due to conflicting opinions), is the shark3 or roc3 more overstable?

I currently bag the Shark3 however I have never thrown the Roc3. To answer your question....the shark3 is more overstable than the Roc3, at least that is my understanding. The shark3 should be = to your wasp whereas the Roc3 is similar to a new o/s buzz. I'm sure someone else will chime in incase I have in backwards.

After throwing both the Roc3 and Shark3 this summer I found them to be nearly identical in speed, glide and fade. I personally settled on the Roc3 as it was more comfortable in hand to me.
It seems that the 3 mold of the Roc is slightly less overstable than a fresh KC Roc, where as a Shark3 is a tick more overstable than Sharks of the past.

Shark3 falls right in between a roc3 (straight roc with fade) and a Champ gator (little more o/s than the flx drone i was using)

Im going to internet slap the next person that says a Roc3 is like a Buzzz.

slap.jpg

Ok so I just looked on innova's site. Roc3 5 4 0 3. Shark3 5 4 0 2. How is it that the shark3 numbers say that it should be less overstable than a roc3 yet everyone here says it is the opposite? I am just curious, because this is seriously the first time I have heard this.