• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3 flight

I got a purple one with swirls like that. It's a 2x and it's beat, I can't imagine that it's going to be worth anything

OMG that is amazing.

attachment.php

:hfive:

Do my ears deceive me? Did Aim just compliment an Innova disc? :p That's a very nice specimen there (and probably quite valuable now). The Roc3 gets discussed with some regularity in the "Mythical Innova Roc" thread, which I think is why no one ever posts in this thread.
Yeah, those Roc3 guys in the mythical Roc thread can't take a hint. We should just post links to here when they get going. :|

Yeah, those Roc3 guys in the mythical Roc thread can't take a hint. We should just post links to here when they get going. :|

It's almost like people thinking VRocs are actual Rocs. Poor stupid souls.

Since we're at the topic of hyping Roc3's, does anybody know what this particular foil style is called? Colors are gold and black

(click for bigger size)

Every Roc3 I have seen in that purple color has swirls in it like Aim's. 2012 champ, 2x, 3x, and I am sure there are some 4x's as well. It just seems to create the swirls. Also, the flight plate is almost always clear except for the swirls and just the rim has a semi-solid color. Never bought one myself because the flight plate is too clear for my throwing preference, but I have certainly been tempted.

I've had a GStar Roc3 sitting on my shelf for ages that I got when they first came out. It's been thrown a few rounds, but not a lot (call it an 8.5 / 10 or so). The other day on a whim I took it out for field practice with a bunch of other Rocs (mostly Ranchos). I really like this disc! The HSS is similar to a Rancho with more glide than most premium plastic Rocs/Roc3s I've thrown and a very soft fade. The flight is very similar to a "good" DX Rancho. Does anyone bag GStar Roc3s? Do they all have this nice of a flight or is my old one an anomaly?

I've had a GStar Roc3 sitting on my shelf for ages that I got when they first came out. It's been thrown a few rounds, but not a lot (call it an 8.5 / 10 or so). The other day on a whim I took it out for field practice with a bunch of other Rocs (mostly Ranchos). I really like this disc! The HSS is similar to a Rancho with more glide than most premium plastic Rocs/Roc3s I've thrown and a very soft fade. The flight is very similar to a "good" DX Rancho. Does anyone bag GStar Roc3s? Do they all have this nice of a flight or is my old one an anomaly?

Roc3's mold very well in Gstar and Star.

I have two G* Roc3's and I love them. One is FAF and has the highest PLH of all my Roc3's and is my meat hook overstable mid. It's like a better Star Rancho. The other I've been using for two years, it has a little dome, still has it's HSS and a gentle fade. I don't know anyone else who throws G* Rocs, so I don't know if I just got lucky, but I really like them.

You got a firm g* roc3?!?

I would by no means call them "stiff" but for G* they're pretty good. They're not as floppy as some of the other mid molds I've felt in G*.

I've had good and bad experiences with G* Roc3s. Some were as you described. Nice and over stable with a good amount of glide. I also had a few that didn't have much HSS and had zero glide. Really just flew like a turd. Thing is when I compared the two it was tough to find many differences in dome or PLH. The bad ones looked very similar to the good ones. I'm not sure if there is an easy way to tell them apart. I do enjoy throwing the good ones though.

Latest posts