• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3 love

I'll be partaking in the Monster Energy Challenge at Solitude Ski Resort next weekend. Three days of epic Alpine Frolfin. The Roc3 is so money up there. Curious why this event doesn't attract more big name players? So far we have 100 players registered.

I hate to drag this thread back up for all the nay Sayers...

...But, I am still amazed by this stupid thing. I've been beating the ever-loving piss out of this thing since day one, and I swear it keeps getting better and better as it beats in!

It used to be dead straight with no glide, now it's getting more fade and GLIDE how the heck does that even happen??
In my head, my TI Wasp & DX Flat-Top Roc were longer with the wasp being faster, and definitely longer than the Roc3. So I decided to quit speculating and really find out yesterday, since I've suddenly been seeing the RC3 gliding past it's normal landing spots on my courses.

Went out to the field with my 2 TI Wasps, Hole 5 Glow Champ Roc, Flat-Top DX Roc, and my beat up McBeth RC3 all of these are max weight. After probably 15-20 cycles through the group, ripping them flat and with a touch of hyzer sometimes, the RC3 was the clear winner in distance. When the others started to run out of steam, the RC3 would like do a little air bounce and glide 10-15 maybe 20 ft more! I had a hard time believing what I was seeing.

I'm sorry, but this does have to be one of the best molds ever!
And now I've read on here that there is basically nothing new about the RC3, that they just used the same old mold. Makes since, when I hold it next to the Hole 5 Champ Roc I see no visible difference in wing shape or anything. They are both flat so i dunno. I guess it's the magical Jolley Launcher plastic that has the pixie dust in it lol. Can't explain it, but as much as I really tried to hate this disc, it will never leave my bag! I really could probably carry this and a Zone/Gator and have no other need for a midrange i my bag.

Check the engraving on the bottom. You'll notice the tooling is different on the Roc3. In fact, on all the "3" molds, you'll notice the same engraving on the bottom. So yes, it really is a different mold.

I have 2 max weight roc3's and I love them, super flat and hold any line you put it on with a nice predictable fade.

I've seen domey protos and production run roc3s. The domey stock one I got flattened very nicely though.

My first Champion Roc3 (176 grams/Hot pink) came in the mail today. Tomorrow I'll check it out. Looks and feels pretty sweet.

Found that out after i saw that post. Either way an updated flat stiff pro roc would be very much appreciated .

Are KC Pro no longer flat? I had a 12x that I felt was pretty flat, but having never fondled anything before 11x I don't really have a frame of reference.

Just bought a couple KCP rocs the other day, and while they aren't board flat they're not super domey. Seems like a fairly decent run.

Latest posts