• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roller Ace

The first one that was called out that day went through the chains, second one went in.After that the guys brother stepped up called him a barney, and stuck it twice in a row.

These guys are not only great players, they have played at Wills for a countless number of years. They know the ins and outs of that course like nobody else. The shot was no gimmick though, I've tried it over and over, and cant get it.You gotta put it down just perfect, and they are good enough to do it pretty much at will.

The first one that was called out that day went through the chains, second one went in.After that the guys brother stepped up called him a barney, and stuck it twice in a row.

These guys are not only great players, they have played at Wills for a countless number of years. They know the ins and outs of that course like nobody else. The shot was no gimmick though, I've tried it over and over, and cant get it.You gotta put it down just perfect, and they are good enough to do it pretty much at will.
Call me skeptical I guess but I have a pretty hard time thinking anyone can come close to acing a real disc golf hole "at will", much less a 288' hole with a roller. Maybe I need to watch a lot more golf... to find those players.

I'll just call every shot an ace. Then I can say I called it.

Didn't Babe Ruth point at the stands before every pitch too? =)

I'll just call every shot an ace. Then I can say I called it.

Didn't Babe Ruth point at the stands before every pitch too? =)
I'm going to do this too...so far I am 0 for 112341323 throws, but when I do ace, I can say I called it off the tee

I'm going to do this too...so far I am 0 for 112341323 throws, but when I do ace, I can say I called it off the tee
Wow... that's somewhere around 1.5 million rounds of golf played. :eek: Hopefully I have a lot of aces racked up by the time I hit 1.5 million rounds. ;)

There was a note on the sign, or bench, at 7 of Otter Creek (RIP) for a roller ace.
Lots of trees and roots, basket sat down in a bowl. Very possible.

The way my throws have been lately, it will be 1.5 million rounds before I get an ace...

Call me skeptical I guess but I have a pretty hard time thinking anyone can come close to acing a real disc golf hole "at will", much less a 288' hole with a roller. Maybe I need to watch a lot more golf... to find those players.
Their names are Ryan and Scott Renz. It doesn't matter who throws the roller on that hole it will always jump up, they know the spot and the angle of the disc to consistently get it to jump at the basket ON THAT HOLE. They will tell you the fact that 3 of 4 went in that day was lucky, but they will also tell you that they have hit that shot quite a few times. This happend before a doubles about 4 years ago, So there were 15 or so witnesses.

288' is misleading BTW. The hole plays downhill. Almost everyone throws a putter on this hole to keep from blowing by. Just about anyone who plays this course regularly has aced this hole.I've hit it twice and I play that course maybe 4 times a year.You just gotta trust me....Its a "Cubby" hole.

Their names are Ryan and Scott Renz. It doesn't matter who throws the roller on that hole it will always jump up, they know the spot and the angle of the disc to consistently get it to jump at the basket ON THAT HOLE. They will tell you the fact that 3 of 4 went in that day was lucky, but they will also tell you that they have hit that shot quite a few times. This happend before a doubles about 4 years ago, So there were 15 or so witnesses.

288' is misleading BTW. The hole plays downhill. Almost everyone throws a putter on this hole to keep from blowing by. Just about anyone who plays this course regularly has aced this hole.I've hit it twice and I play that course maybe 4 times a year.You just gotta trust me....Its a "Cubby" hole.
Sounds cool. I would love to see it. Get some footage up on youtube.

I work about 5 minutes from the course, and I can confirm that this is definitely a "Cubby" hole. I've not yet aced it, but it's probably only a matter of time. It's also true that there are folks who've been playing the course for decades. The doubles rounds are usually won by a pair that's about 17 under. Last time I played with the doubles crowd, my partner claimed to have aced every hole on the course at least once.

So as crazy as the rumor sounds, I find it at least credible.

Hey Sea Bass, you really should get a video up of those guys throwing the roller ace on that hole. It'd be awesome to see, and i'm sure tons of people on youtube would hit it up.

Cubby

Anybody throw one of these?

... I mean besides Cubby ... :D

I could quote all the other negative stuff on this thread about Cubby, but I won't. There have been a few threads on this guy, and granted I've never met him. But the threads have a common theme: lots of posts by guys who don't know him mocking him and speculating about how he gets his aces (short holes, repeated drives, video editing, etc.), and a few posts from guys who have played with him talking about what a nice guy he is, and how committed to the game he is.

Here's his one and only post on DGCR in response to this thread:

Thanks to all those Disc Golfers out there that have had positive things to say about me or what my blog and YOUTUBE videos do to promote the sport in a positive light.

For those of you that are hung up on my aces or distances of the shots or what ever else bugs you about what I do, I can't help you. My advice to you is just go out and play more Disc Golf and be content and happy with your own game and efforts to promote the sport.

BTW, Hole 9 at Rutgers although it is the shortest hole on the course. The distance is 104 feet not 57 feet like the sign says. And I challenge you to come out and Ace it. Not as easy as it seems and is seldomed Aced.

Warm regards to all. If you are ever in New Jersey get in touch with me and we will throw some rounds together.

Cubby

Whatever his deal is, Cubby's obviously committed to playing and promoting the game. It's hard to see so many people (also presumably committed to the game) taking cheap shots at him on this of all sites.

Roller ace? Hmmm, strange that someone would bring this up...

There is a guy here that claims to have two roller aces on #18 Duzee.

All righty then.