• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rough Weather

Luckily, our good days this winter have been during the weekends. All the days that didn't make it out of the 20s were during the week for the most part, and we have had many of them. On the other hand, there have also been limited days that got up to the 50s or 60s, and those have been weekends. I have played golf or DG every weekend, and all of them have been in "warm" conditions except for yesterday when there was 3" of snow while I was on the course.

I for sure will be glad when the weather gets to normal and I can comfortably play after work during the mornings to get ready for tournament weekends.

throw in da snow

This is how we roll in Wisco. Ribbons, shovels, and 10º with 10mph winds.

attachment.php

my kind of golf fanatic.^^.

When I lived in Iowa I played every week of the freezing winter last year snow, ice, crazy wind, whatever. I moved to KY but now if its not "decent out" meaning any snow, too cold, too wet, too gloomy, or even too windy I'm probably not playing haha. That means I haven't really been playing at all this winter and I really miss it more and more. I'm looking forward to when it hits around 40+, no snow, decent wind, and not raining haha I wonder when that will be. What I reeaallly want is hot, dry, and calm haha.

Odd winter for me. I haven't played significant amounts of winter golf in two winters, and haven't played any competitive leagues in the winter since the early 09-10 winter - before my move down to Georgia. This year we stumble upon the worst winter in memory, maybe the worst of my lifetime, and I'm out there more than I have been in years. I blame a combination of factors - but mostly I was just going stir-crazy following the initial January snow storms that left me stuck indoor and annoyed all the time.

I've only lost one disc in the snow thus far, an ill-fated grenade thrown as a second shot. I should have known better. So far I've been out a few times per weekend, and my game is already rounding into form. I'm taking advantage. The past few years my game hasn't rounded into form until May/June but this year I'm looking at being sharp sometime in March. I still haven't practiced putting a single time this winter, but off of the tee things are rolling along nicely. Within 40 on 14 of 18 drives, and a $300 ace that made playing all winter completely worth it.

No matter how rough the weather has been, I'm definitely being reminded of the advantages of winter golf. Hopefully it contributes to my best season in years.

Got another 12" of powder on Wednesday. Saturday morning we were out playing with gift wrap ribbon duct taped to the underside to make finding the discs easy. Whatever it takes to play.