• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Baskets: Allllllrighty then

Quality of baskets should not affect ratings, at least not of a group of players.

Played on a couple in there pretty good, I wouldn't say that they're awesome but they're better than some of the old DGA baskets I played on in the upper Midwest.

Honestly I like the chain configuration better than some of the new cross chainslike a prodigy basket. There are some of those on a nine hole not too far from me and no it's not a bad little pigeon the course we really got to throw a hard to get those things stick.

Pitch and putt, not pigeon. The voice to text can't understand me this early in the morning.

Highbridge has one of these for a practice basket, and i thought they caught very well, almost DGA or Discatcher quality. But they were only 30 feet of less putts though.

Yeah, no such thing as a bad basket, just a bad putt......:rolleyes:

ceef5be76666507db63ad181650b1bf1.jpg

Adapt? To a basket that can't catch a normal putt? It's not like it was spitting out a throw in from 120' or a 80mph turbo putt. This was 5 instances of 15' to 20' putts hitting heart of the chains.

Methinks your'e exaggerating or a dyed in the wool Salient hater. We have 18 Liberties at the Aviary and I see maybe one spit out per league round. That's with 15 or more people out there.

here's the problem with Salient: they have released so much crap, and have such horrible customer service, that they could release the best product ever and people would still hate it. They dug their own grave there and I have no sympathy for them. None. I mean, my God, this is a company that blames the user EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Something of theirs doesn't work. Who does that? And how do they stay in business?

However I have found the Salient Liberty baskets to not be any worse than your standard DGAs or Discatchers. Will they last for 10 years? I can already tell you they won't. But as far as spit outs and stuff...I'm just not seeing it and I play on them a lot.

Methinks your'e exaggerating or a dyed in the wool Salient hater. We have 18 Liberties at the Aviary and I see maybe one spit out per league round. That's with 15 or more people out there.

here's the problem with Salient: they have released so much crap, and have such horrible customer service, that they could release the best product ever and people would still hate it. They dug their own grave there and I have no sympathy for them. None. I mean, my God, this is a company that blames the user EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Something of theirs doesn't work. Who does that? And how do they stay in business?

However I have found the Salient Liberty baskets to not be any worse than your standard DGAs or Discatchers. Will they last for 10 years? I can already tell you they won't. But as far as spit outs and stuff...I'm just not seeing it and I play on them a lot.

Can't argue with that. I will say that part of these baskets problem may be the installation. They've been in for only a few weeks and are already leaning like crazy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 82
They catch very well but the 3 piece engineering of the basket pole, ground sleeve and 18" inner pipe just doesn't hold up. It seems like the upper pole is too large for the inner pipe causing it to lean and being susceptible to vandals working it back and forth and snapping the tongue. That is what happened to our baskets. I am looking for a solution. Any out there? Maybe just solid cement from the bottom to halfway up the pole?

Attachments

• 18 basket lean.jpg
    18 basket lean.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 56
currently in the same situation. 2 baskets stolen from tweekers wiggling the basket back & forth 'till the tab breaks. just bad design in security, the amount of wiggle in the tongue connection is stupid, & the amount of pole in the sleeve isn't enough. you can use the basket to torque the sleeve & get it to bend, then the basket starts to lean.

trying to find a pipe with the right id to fit the pole into. put that in concrete with a hole through it in the right place, then securing with a lock that goes all the way through pole & pipe. haven't found the right galvanized pipe yet though.

as for them catching, i have seen putts hit direct center & spit right back out the front, but i have seen that on other baskets too.

Latest posts