• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are.

In asking people to "get over it" due to its inconsequential nature, you imply a level of allowance within the lie. That the lie is okay because you don't think it's a big deal, so no one else should either. If you didn't think it was okay to lie to customers, you would not make comments like you have.

You really need to stop putting words into people's mouths though your perceived implications of their comments. Its not a big deal for me, that's all I said.

P.S. Scotty, I don't think I'm the one that discovered the lie about the top storage. I think that may have been mattc. vthompson mentioned it first, too, and that's when people started noticing.

Good.. I was wondering if you'd read my post. We're on the same page here. Once supporters who've lost faith.

Whether it was your or someone else, I knew that this aspect of the bag was important to you specifically. Would be me too. Given that all previous designs had it and it was CLEARLY stated that this one would too, you have every reason to expect it.

When it was changed, as I suspect it was, nobody was notified until the first bag was unpacked. At that point, there was still room to make it as right as possible. They couldn't put the compartment back, but they could've explained it better than it was a TYPE or MISTAKE.

It was very clearly DROPPED from the final design in my opinion. At that is well within their right to do so. It's disappointing but okay to some extent. The bigger issue not owning up to that fact... ergo a lie.

The problem is, most of the people praising salient either have less than 100 posts on these forums, or are clearly affiliated. So they are poisoning the well and making it hard to believe comments.

The problem is, most of the people praising salient either have less than 100 posts on these forums, or are clearly affiliated. So they are poisoning the well and making it hard to believe comments.
I won't offer a lot of praise for salient - they clearly have gone through PR and distribution issues here recently. The bag I have seems very nice, especially for the $120 I spent on it. It sucked to wait, but I'm happy with what I got (even with the wait.)

I won't offer a lot of praise for salient - they clearly have gone through PR and distribution issues here recently. The bag I have seems very nice, especially for the $120 I spent on it. It sucked to wait, but I'm happy with what I got (even with the wait.)
You are the anomaly my friend.

I have nothing to do with these bags, but I am trying to get straight answers from Chris and Steve about what happened with the shipping so I can relay them to you guys. I get nothing in return, but I still want everyone to be happy and taken care of. I am sure Salient is willing to make things right and nothing was done maliciously.

I have nothing to do with these bags, but I am trying to get straight answers from Chris and Steve about what happened with the shipping so I can relay them to you guys. I get nothing in return, but I still want everyone to be happy and taken care of. I am sure Salient is willing to make things right and nothing was done maliciously.

Hey...some reason. That's refreshing.

before they can change things i made sure to screenshot it (they seem like that type of company)
11355428883_96b9802e54_c.jpg

So I noticed yesterday LIFETIME warranty had changed to LIMITED warranty. I wasn't sure I had misread it in the past, but this proves at leas the warranty has changed.

EDIT: NEVERMIND.. I can't read. this picture clearly says LIMITED...

I get this to an extent, but when did a limited amount of negative feelings toward anything become praise?

I will continue posting to reach the acceptable 100 post threshold, as well. #sarcasm

No affiliation or poison here.

While this is a noble venture, it's not your job to make customers happy. Salient needs to own this without any intermediaries.

That will be part of the bankruptcy liquidation.

Which raises the question, how much capital do they really have in their business right now?

It seems that this first run of bags was essentially crowd funded by the presales. That seems to indicate that there's not a lot of money invested right now, which means they don't have much room for error.

Are there more bags being produced, or is this batch all we're going to see in the near future?

I wont receive mine til the 16th...so the 3rd week not just the first. On top of that wont be able to see it or use it until the 20 or 21st...this sucks.

I wont receive mine til the 16th...so the 3rd week not just the first. On top of that wont be able to see it or use it until the 20 or 21st...this sucks.

Dude. I really hope yours is in good shape. To wait that long just to have it in pieces would be just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.