• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

From now until July 4th, 2014 we will be offering any current or past servicemen a discounted price on our new Helix bag. If you served our country email [email protected] or call us to order and tell us what branch of the military you served and how long you served our country. You will receive a bag for $150 with free shipping which is $35 less than our pre-order price.

Thank you for protecting us!

You're welcome.

Thanks for doing this. I'm not going to order a bag, but I will suggest to my fellow servicemembers. You (Scott, not Salient itself) have really impressed me with trying to make up for Salient's many past failures. This looks like a win, and looks like a much better pack then the previously released Salient bags

Thanks to you and Salient for doing something that few DG companies would do. Very cool.

I do not live in a cave.

miowj.gif

You're welcome.

Thanks for doing this. I'm not going to order a bag, but I will suggest to my fellow servicemembers. You (Scott, not Salient itself) have really impressed me with trying to make up for Salient's many past failures. This looks like a win, and looks like a much better pack then the previously released Salient bags

Thanks to you and Salient for doing something that few DG companies would do. Very cool.

Thank you for your kind words Andy. The new guys building the Helix are doing a great job. The materials, the stitching, and just plain better craftsmanship is better. The new Catalyst is being assembled by the same guys doing the Helix. Hopefully people will see the difference and want to purchase a Catalyst down the road. The price point will still be the same as it is now but it will be night and day to what it once was.

Very cool about the vet's discount. To be honest, if I was in the market for a backpack style bag, that would have tipped me over to the Helix side, and not just because I would have been saving some cash.

Good on ya, Salient.

Hey Scott,

this is the first bag that looks like almost what I expected to be the perfect bag for me. One last question. As I´m about 6´6 tall it´s important for me to know whether or not the sidepockets are a little bigger than the side pockets of the grip. For the moment it looks like, but I´n not sure. It would be cool to carry even a slim jacket and rain trousers on the rounds witch is pretty hard for me with the grip.

thanks, Martin

Hey Scott,

this is the first bag that looks like almost what I expected to be the perfect bag for me. One last question. As I´m about 6´6 tall it´s important for me to know whether or not the sidepockets are a little bigger than the side pockets of the grip. For the moment it looks like, but I´n not sure. It would be cool to carry even a slim jacket and rain trousers on the rounds witch is pretty hard for me with the grip.

thanks, Martin

The side pockets are a bit wider and a bit deeper. The zipper for the pocket also runs full length instead of 3/4 zip. My first tourney with with bag I had a long sleeve shirt and a pair of rain pants in one pocket with room for 1 to 2 more shirts.

Hey Scott, do you ship to Austria and do you know how much would it be? Thanks!

Last edited:
The seller on eBay says salient so I'm gonna assume them. And it's a ore order just like the website

too bad that there is no retailer in Europe... pretty sure it would be a success over here

Latest posts