• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Antonio - 5/21/11

allent

San Antonio...I need your help! It's looking like I may have enough time this Sat. 5/21/11 in the afternoon/evening to play one round of disc golf on my trip out from Georgia. What's the one course not to miss if that's all I've got time for? Since time is a factor, I obviously don't want to drive a long way. I may be coming straight from the airport when I arrive, or there's a possibility I may have to swing by the Convention Center downtown before I head to the course (if it makes any difference). It looks like there are a number of good options. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Allen

If youre by the airport, trinity is right off 281 heading south. Short 6 hole that plays quickly. But my personal faves are live oak, a monster 38 hole which you will need a guide with you if you wanna play all of them. And the other is UC, or universal city. Can't go wrong with bran Mcclain too.

I'll have to check my schedule, but i may be able to show you around. Not to many active san antonio DGCR users.

I doubt you have time for live oak...i like McClain but have never played Universal.

Mc Clain is a pretty good course for a quickie. (Good and quick.)
Universal City could get a little disorienting if you're a first timer plus weekends can get busy.
Live Oak is never quick, period.
See Guru10^^

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I've ruled out Live Oak and got an offer from a local to guide me around UC, so I'm going to do that. I'm also going to try to slip over to Trinity and play those 6 one evening too. I'm relatively new to the sport and only played a few courses, so I'm fired up to get to experience something new. It's gonna be fun!!

UC was awesome today! I would really love a few more chances at that course...I think it could give up some really low scores with a little practice and experimentation with some different shots and different discs. I've never thrown so many overhead shots and skip shots in my life. If anyone is in or around the San Antonio area, you owe it to yourself to play this course.

I was also able to squeeze in Bryan McClain and Trinity before I left. McClain was very tough, but in great shape and I loved the course...one of the nicest I've played. Trinity was fun and would be awesome for someone who lived nearby, but definitely not the destination course that McClain is or even UC. I wish I would've had time to give Live Oak a try, but I got in more disc golf in San Antonio than I thought I was going to be able to and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll get back there one day.

Latest posts