• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Antonio

filobedo

Double Eagle Member
Need suggestions in San Antonio and nearby. Hoping to play 2-3 courses in a day.

I live in San Antonio currently. Live Oak has two courses on site with Hillside being the better of the two but Lakeside is worth a play. Over on that side of town you also have Universal City and McClain. Both are wooded courses. I feel like McClain is the better kept of the two. If you have specific questions, let me know.

Definitely play Live Oak Hillside. McClain is a lot of fun. Flying Armadillo is worth the trip out of town.

I try to play a new course in the area every year I visit my dad for the holidays.

Live Oak Hillside is the must play. Flying Armadillo is cool but I don't know if it's worth the drive given just 1 day. Live Oak Lakeside isn't as good as Hillside but it's worth playing, especially if you are already there. After those two, it kind of just depends on where you want to go, how much you want to drive, and how long you want to play. Universal City and McClain are close by but neither are fabulous. McClain is currently in "reverse" layout so the regular course isn't available. Both of those are not well marked and somewhat confusing. You could drive to Flying Armadillo if you want. You won't be disappointed if you do. It's a cool place. The golf is pretty average though. Another option would be to go play Max Starcke in Seguin and/or Graytown southeast of San Antonio. Those are both really nice and pretty.

I'd say Armadillo is a must-play if you're in the area.

Live Oak Hill Side is also a great course, pretty challenging if you take on the blue tees.

Overall though, Armadillo is an amazing disc golf experience that you can't find many other places.

Latest posts