• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] San Marino Star Roc

I have been throwing the star San Marino roc for the last couple months and love it. 176 gram. It is dead stable. A 180 g will be a little more oversable. Goes where you throw it. Good grip. Should last a long time with the star plastic. Love it so much, it's my avatar now!

Not a big fan of the disc; a little too dumpy on the flip for me. Just put one in the river last week when the torque took it way right (rhbh). If I want an annie mid I'll throw a comet or cobra. I've still got one unthrown, though, if ya wanna trade.:rolleyes:

Zenbot, thanks for the link. That really says alot (and has some good humor along the way) I was curious about the three molds and flat tops as well.

As far as the Star SM Roc, I do have one, it's nice. Softer than DX, may be really nice for the colder months. Still getting used to it as I have been using other non-Roc mids. As the posts have said, it is less stable than a rancho mold, closest to a Buzzz or Shark but a bit less affected by wind, IMHO.

I recently got a Star Ontario Roc and it doesn't hold a candle to the Buzzz. I think I'll pick upa DX Roc just to check it out, but I don't know why because the Buzzz does everything I need it to. I'm not anti-innova or anything like that, but the more I throw Discraft the more I throw Discraft, if you know what I mean. Give me a Stalker, a Buzzz, and a Challenger and I'm in heaven.

The old school ones are nothing like the true San Marino.

the star san marino is fine if you like rocs, if you dont then you wont

its a bit more stable than the dx and slightly less stable than the champion
i use mine for strait shots and short drives in wooded areas because it flies more similar to the dx than the champion so it goes straighter without throwing as hard, and it wont bend up if you hit any trees :)

What means?

Awesome, glad I found this thread as I just bought one of these to travel with as my only disc.

Really good to hear it might work well in the cold, will be throwing on the frozen courses of Minnesota and Wisconsin soon.

Wondering what you meant by this, mr. discflinger:

Not a big fan of the disc; a little too dumpy on the flip for me.

I kinda get what you are saying, but not sure exaclty. Can you explain? Sorry, I'm a little new to all the disc jargon. :confused:

Thanks guys!

I recently got a Star Ontario Roc and it doesn't hold a candle to the Buzzz. I think I'll pick upa DX Roc just to check it out, but I don't know why because the Buzzz does everything I need it to. I'm not anti-innova or anything like that, but the more I throw Discraft the more I throw Discraft, if you know what I mean. Give me a Stalker, a Buzzz, and a Challenger and I'm in heaven.

Start with a Rancho. best mold of Roc