• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SD86 2019 and Beyond

Yes, they really are pink. The bag is camo (shout-out to my fellow military veterans :thmbup: ), but the discs are all pink.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PinkDiscs_IMG_4327.jpg
    PinkDiscs_IMG_4327.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 149
Final Answer for 2019

During 'Throw Pink' month in October, I put a pink Ti Buzzz in the bag, and it was just doing awesome for me on some holes in the woods that I'd struggled on. I got a pink Z Buzzz, and it did very well, also.

The M4 has been doing very well as a slight-turnover disc on that tricky dogleg-right hole. So now the Pink Panther is mainly doing specialty/backup duty.

I recently got an I-blend TOMB, and it's been doing very well on long approach shots. The XT Stud got a bit flippy, and I like the I-blend plastic over Star Stud and S-blend Tomb. So I'm going to see how the Tomb seasons in during 2020 while waiting for Pro/Nexus Studs to appear.

How many of the infinite discs have you tried. Favorites and why?

I've tried the Myth, Scarab, Tomb, Anubis, Ra, Sphinx, Exodus, Centurion, Aztec, and Pharaoh.

I have not tried (but want to) the Ruin and the Chariot.

I have not tried (and might never) the Cohort, Scepter, Slab, and Emperor. Nothing against them, but they're either very OS or don't fit my game.

All the ones I've tried are good, especially in I-blend. My favorites are the I-blend Sphinx and I-blend Tomb.

The Sphinx is allegedly a Valkyrie top and Roadrunner bottom and that arrow just fits this archer very well, especially on my home course that has both woods and open terrain. Some turnover and great glide. I do have to say that the Aztec is growing on me, though.

The I-blend Tomb (which I recently acquired) has been amazingly accurate on long(er) approaches. Very solid and reliable.

Update: the I-blend Centurion is going to make my bag. The mid-160-class Centurion flies a lot like my max wt. (175g) Hannah Leatherman Leo3s (Star and Champion plastics), just a bit more stable, like a TL, and I've always preferred 160s-class discs, especially in the fairway driver molds. My 160-class Champ Leo3s are less stable than the Centurion, but the Centurion flies very well for me and may end up making the Leo3 redundant.

Small change: years ago I got a Prodigy M4 in 400g plastic. My experiment with the M4 in 300 plastic did well, so I put the old 400g disc in the bag for a round. And that disc has been ruthless! On the dogleg-right hole needing a turnover shot, the disc has ended up within 15 ft. of the basket several times, generating birdies. Same great mold in premium plastic. I'm gonna keep the 400g M4 in the bag for awhile.

Latest posts