• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Seer

Onemile, I love your reviews but they're tough on my wallet. I was barely able to resist pulling the trigger on an Insanity (as I have multiple Inertias and Impulses) but I'm not going to be able to resist this one.

2 questions:
I know you love your FDs and so do I. How does the Seer compare in distance and stability?
Any thoughts on VIP versus Tournament? I assume VIP would have a touch more fade?

Thanks for the sweet review on Noodle Arm!

The Seer complements the FD really well, actually. Out of the box it is more understable, whereas the FD is just damn straight. Instead of beating an FD to flippy, I can use the Seer and get easy turnover lines, even from a hyzer. Seer = straight to turn, FD = straight to fade.

I'd imagine a TP would be even more understable, or get there quickly. My Hatchets in TP are flip monsters now.

Excellent review - sounds like my 166 VIP.

Thank you, and thanks for reading!

I have been throwing my 173 TP Seer quite a bit the last week. I'll admit I am a bit spoiled because Infinite Discs is here locally so I got to sort through all of them to pick mine. I compared PLH and dome on all of them and the dark blue TP's marked 173ish were all the highest PLH and lowest dome of all the tourney plastics.

Throwing mine at 300' on a good throw mine is still flexing if I give it just a little hyzer. It really is workable on a lot of lines, surprises me how well it does a sweeping hyzer out to about 300'. Even on a very slight anny release mine will at least flex to flat at that distance. Get on it really hard though and it won't come back.

I really need to get another backup and try to find the stablest of the bunch in VIP next time I hit the shop.

Comparing to an FD is hard for me, I only threw a GLine in max weight for a week or so. My Seer does fight back a little better than that FD from anny, although the FD seemed more HSS.

Another thing to compare to the FD is that a can get a Seer a little nose up and it doesn't seem to care near as much as an FD.

I certainly wouldn't bag a GLine with a Seer but I bet any of the more stable plastics would be fine.

Thanks for all of the comparisons to the FD - quite helpful. I just ordered a pink tournament 169 from DGC. I figure tournament plastic and light will be the most understable and therefore the least overlap with my FDs which aren't going anywhere.

Gave my 168 VIP a real test today in Pier Park. By the end of the round, I had it dialed in and hit some great tunnels; I found the disc so easy to control. Now I want to beat the fade out of it so it finishes straight.

I went to Infinite yesterday hoping to find a VIP that looked more stable than my 173g Tourney. None of the VIP's they had at 170g or higher (probably a dozen at least) had a PLH as high as my tourney. They all had more dome as well. Might have to grab a few of the dark blues from this run, I like it a lot.

AWESOME disc. Tiny tiny rim for a 7 speed. Tiny, so comfortable. The stories are true. First run stamped 7 5 1 2. Buy some because they will be stamping them CORRECTLY from now on. Collectible. Actual flight is 7 5 2 1. Tee-bird, FD, Seer. Left, straight, right. Utilities: Firebird/Felon, Sidewinder/Witness. Fairway drivers are SET. Compared to others, less glide than a River which can be TOO glidey at times, MUCH nicer rim, smaller and more round. More "graceful" than a Leopard but that's due to the glide. I was lucky enough to demo it and I'm buying my own copy.

Mr. R.M. Frisbees, you are correct: it just feels very comfortable in the hand, much like a Diamond actually, but I think Seer is more versatile(unless they made 160's Diamonds).

AWESOME disc. Tiny tiny rim for a 7 speed. Tiny, so comfortable. The stories are true. First run stamped 7 5 1 2. Buy some because they will be stamping them CORRECTLY from now on. Collectible. Actual flight is 7 5 2 1. Tee-bird, FD, Seer. Left, straight, right. Utilities: Firebird/Felon, Sidewinder/Witness. Fairway drivers are SET. Compared to others, less glide than a River which can be TOO glidey at times, MUCH nicer rim, smaller and more round. More "graceful" than a Leopard but that's due to the glide. I was lucky enough to demo it and I'm buying my own copy.

So it got more glide than a leopard, but less than a River? I love my leopards, but weren't a fan of the River because of the overload of glide it has, but if I understand you right the seer is in between them, correct? If so I need to try one :)

Longest to shortest - River, Seer, Leo
Most glide - same order as above
My TP Seer is less stable than either a River or Leo - maybe lightweight pro Leo is close to as understable.

Seer is great for controlled right turns when thrown flat. Add hyzer to straighten - great disc.

I am impressed by this disc. A lot. I've thrown about every other speed 6-8 fairway in existnece, and this is the best first i pression I have had. Only about 10 throws or so on wooded holes so not a true test yet, but it is easy distance and very controllable. Not as touchy as my Rivers or
Underworlds, but just as long and straight. Mine is a 173 TP. I normally like drivers in the 165-170 range. Maybe heavier for Os stuff. This thing gives me effortless distances and is damn straight. i got a little wiggle out of it on one more open hole that probably went about 300' or so. For the wooded holes I habe been playing it just carves then up with little effort. And I probably uncorked a little lucky shot through some trees today that ended up about 325'. My buddy knows how bad I suck so he went and picked up my disc to see what I just threw. :p

I need to get to a more open course and throw some actual distance lines to see what it can do, but the Leopard with much more glide and distance is a good description. Or a less touchy River. Now I'll have to see if I can nake is coexist with my Craves.

I've been throwing a VIP Seer almost exclusively for turnovers. It has the speed to get out pretty far, and I can control the turnover point with hyzer and height. Dropped some jaws this weekend at SeaTac with some high bomb turnovers - 300' out and 100' right.

My VIP came that way. I have a TP that has a little fade. Ive got my gf throwing that one but I'm trying to get her to throw harder so it actually seasons before I steal it.

River and Seer are indeed similar. I find the River to be slightly longer and glidier. I also feel the Seer has just a touch more turn (not much but just a touch). I'd say the Seer is halfway between a River and pro Leo.