• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sharpie Art

spinachd

Eagle Member
Anyone get artsy with a sharpy on discs that do not take dye?

Obviously it legal to draw on a disc with a sharpie. But what else can you put on a disc? Can you airbrush? I assume not but why not? It can't add appreciable weight.

Hot Stamp Pen

I bought one of these to tinker around with. I'm sure if you could get it mastered you could do some crazy cool stuff with it but I never had the time to get the learning curve.

You can only airbrush if you are airbrushing dye, you can't airbrush paint.

As far as sharpies go, nothing will ever beat the sharpie trout disc that hurricane7 (I think) did a while back. Apologies if I'm wrong about who did that, and also for not being able to find the page its on. It was amazing.

I bought a disc that was a very dull greenish-grey. I didn't want to loose it, so I asked my little girl to use colored sharpies to make it easier for me to see. Here's what she gave me:

IMG_20150417_121121.jpg

You can only airbrush if you are airbrushing dye, you can't airbrush paint.

As far as sharpies go, nothing will ever beat the sharpie trout disc that hurricane7 (I think) did a while back. Apologies if I'm wrong about who did that, and also for not being able to find the page its on. It was amazing.

Thanks Roggen. Here ya go...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2418927#post2418927

That Goldline River is still in my bag, and has held up better than I ever thought it would. The worm dye on the outer rings is what has faded the most. BTW, I used Bic permanent markers.

There's also this thread from a while back.

Peace,
-Jeff

Thanks guys. That disc might not be a great work of art, but because of who drew it for me it is pretty special. I thought I lost it at Dela, but I was playing with an understanding group who helped me find it hiding under a fallen log. Now I almost never throw it, which pretty much defeats the purpose of having it colored to begin with. Hey, Look! A new fear to overcome :)

Jeff, the disc with the trout is amazing. I'm showing that to my daughter to broaden her thinking about the disc as a canvas. Thank you!

Latest posts