• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shaving Cream Marbling Tutorial Video

ghdiscgolf

Par Member
Hey guys, I know I just posted a video on how to do Stencil Dyes but I've had a lot of people asking how to do Shaving Cream Dyes so here we go. This is the method I use and not the only way to do it.

EXCELLENT tutorial and video guys! You covered all the bases and explained the steps very well. Bonus points for the extras, such as what plastics dye best, and the FACT that dyed discs fly MUCH farther than standard, commie discs.

thanks for the vid ghdiscgolf, i do see a big difference in how i did mine vs. yours. Cant wait to try it out.

Nice video. Been thinking about toying around with dies, and now I feel confident that I could do a decently informed job if I tried.

The type do shaving cream matters! Get barbasol!! I tried a cheap type from the dollar store and it sucked! Got three more cans and this stuff is crap! Stick to beard buster!!

Thanks Big John. Late night inspirations. I tried to match the color stamp combo. :)

jjpaja.jpg

Good stuff bro, I have a question for you. Would using a condiment (ketchup/mustard) styled squeeze bottle work better for you instead of an eyedropper or is the eyedropper better because it's quicker to clean in between colors? Just a thought, lookin' good.........:thmbup:

The type do shaving cream matters! Get barbasol!! I tried a cheap type from the dollar store and it sucked! Got three more cans and this stuff is crap! Stick to beard buster!!

This time 1000

Barbasol is $1 at my local dollar tree as well, so it's an epic win

Other stuff just gets watery and sucks

I just picked up a whole mess of plastic ketchup/mustard bottles but I haven't tried them yet. I love my eyedropper though :)

Anyone else use rit? I haven't tried using iDye poly yet but the colors look darker than the ones I have done with rit. I guess I'll wait till after I use iDye poly to see if that's the cause which I think it is.

Hey Jordan whats up!
I've been using RIT but I have a stockpile of the old batches. Anything thats marked 12 (as in 2012) on the bottom of the box wont work. 11's are iffy especially with the liquid which will have a "nd" at the end of the lot number for "new dye". Its not too hard to find the old batches but you really have to shop around. Its easier to just order the IDye Poly and from what I've seen the colors look more solid.

Also let me make a note about the plastics;
Driver Pro plastic works great
Putter and mid range pro doesnt
DX doesnt work
Champ and Glow Champ plastic work great you just have to let them sit longer since its a cold dye.(8-10 min hours) Opaque Champ just shows the dyes better than the clear champ.
Star and driver pro work the best out of the types of plastic for this (6-8 hour min)
These times are for RIT, its probably the same for IDye Poly. If you can leave it in longer the better. The longest I had one in was 15 hours.

Also since you are in the area talk to Goosefabra (Zach Harr) he's been doing a ton of dyes lately including the brainwave stuff.

Yea I've seen his dyes on Facebook and they are amazing! I've always done stencil dyes but now I'm experimenting with shaving cream and hopefully spin dyeing as well

Is the dye from the jars just mixed to idye package directions, or is there some tips/tricks to make it work better

RIT=fail

I used the RIT liquid dye on some ESP and Neutron plastic, left it for 11 hours and was severely disappointed when I saw the results..Nothing but some very subtle ghost lines:wall:

I couldn't find any of the idye poly so thought I'd give the RIT a try. Guess I'll have to order some online.

Latest posts