• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoe in for the job

Merrills have always been good for me. I love the quick dry pair I got. Great traction and I can wear them into the creeks/ponds to get my discs as long as I'm not wearing socks.

They better be comfy cause those are just about the ugliest shoes I've ever seen.

Looking pretty is not as important to me as it is for you. I just want function. You can look pretty while I beat that ass in my ugly shoes.

I had Keen Targhee II mids and went through 2 pair in 5 months. The sole kept coming apart where I drag my foot T'ing off. The comfort was off the hook, just not durable..and a little heavy.

Picked up a pair of Merrell Moabs and can run 5 miles in them in the morning, and place disc golf all afternoon long. Light, comfortable, and waterproof.

Let's just hope they last a year...Anything more than that for a pair of sub $200 shoes should not be expected...imho.

I had Keen Targhee II mids and went through 2 pair in 5 months. The sole kept coming apart where I drag my foot T'ing off. The comfort was off the hook, just not durable..and a little heavy.

Picked up a pair of Merrell Moabs and can run 5 miles in them in the morning, and place disc golf all afternoon long. Light, comfortable, and waterproof.

Let's just hope they last a year...Anything more than that for a pair of sub $200 shoes should not be expected...imho.

My Moabs have lasted through 2 years of heavy disc golf/hiking/home improvement wear, and are just starting to break down. They're still really comfortable, they're just starting to come apart a little inside and around the insides of my big toes. I'm still wearing them, but I want a new pair for wet days.

Looking pretty is not as important to me as it is for you. I just want function. You can look pretty while I beat that ass in my ugly shoes.

I've given up on getting good at this game so looks is all I got. Personally, I prefer something in a stiletto heel, preferably open toed so my feet don't get all sweaty.