• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Short Range Anny Disc?

I have a 129gr dx valk, this hole youre talking about is the only hole I use this disc on. I park it often! Although im not sure that 129gr is a pdga approved wieght. There are also 125 gr buzzzes that work great for this type of shot.

GL Fuse is the Bomb at that shot. I used to use my more beat up Wizard, but the Fuse is just so much better at that. It is slow, holds the line and lands flat. You will not be disappointed.

I normally use a Stingray for this type of shot (or possibly an optimizer roller), but an Aero could also work here if you get it up high enough and with the correct anhyzer at its apex (at the bend) so it can float down to the pin. If you're considering a putter for this shot I think you'll find an Aero is your best options.

He is talking about hole 10 at BRP.

That hole was my nemesis for a while. It's a tricky shot. I've experimented with a lot of different lines and settled on a RHFH shot. I throw a low skippy 45 degree hyzer with a flippy teebird with the goal being for it to flatten out just a little bit as it hugs that inside corner. It's a high percentage shot that requires minimal effort and thought, and it's the safest way to go.

I know a lot of people throw a high anhyzer with a putter or midrange but it's soooo dicey. If you hit a tree while you're way up in the air, you are probably boned. I've kicked all the way back behind the teepad and taken a 5 on this 140 footer before...

The bottom line for this one is, you can use almost any disc, because it's only 140 feet, but I recommend staying low and safe. Even if you play extremely conservatively, and pitch a putter up around the corner, you can get a safe easy look at a 50 footer for the deuce.

I have a DX Stingray that I use for that exact shot/flight path that you're describing. I should mention that I do in fact throw RHBH.

Last edited:
170g Summit. At that distance it would work great. Once you learn to dial in a summit I swear with the right snap vs. spin you can get it to execute a 90 degree turn.

I hate throwing anny shots though so I go FH for anything that needs to finish right:)

Can I get some Meteor love?

I use Meteors for any anny under 250.

I love love love meteors, but they have the exact same problem the OP mentioned...you kind of have to Hork on them to get them to go right, and for really short distances that's not going to work too well.

\/\/

A Stratus will work, or I use a Star Coyote. Once they beat in, they work great.