• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Short Range Anny Disc?

For that hole I'd probably go with a low forehand skip shot with something overstable. There's just not a whole lot of room to throw an anny with that tight fairway, and this is coming from someone who much prefers annys to forehands. I use a forehand maybe 2-3 times per round, but this would definitely be one of those times.

I only read the first page, but my recommendation is The #2 Slice. It turns late, and can hold a decent line for a while. I have made some sweet right handed turns with this disc. Though it's considered a driver, but it threw like a mid-range. That is what I considered it. I never got much D out of it.

The downside to the #2 in the cheaper plastic, is that it's life expectancy is half that of a Dx. I enjoyed mine while I had it. It shined for me at Castle Hayne, with all the Dogleg rights. At the moment it has been benched, due to the fact it likes to roll once it hits the ground. I would buy another in a heartbeat! Perhaps the better plastic next time.

The new Wedge from Innova was made exactly for the shot you described, and performs it well.

Thats definatly a shot that calls for forehand, and thats coming from somebody who throws about 2 forehands a round (usually as get out of trouble shots)

I would probably lay up on such a difficult and wooded hole on this honestly. But if i had to go for it, I would probably also develop a forehand for this shot.

Pretty course though.

Latest posts