• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Should Skulboy and ZAM collaborate on a stamp for the MVP Shock?

Should Skulboy and ZAM collaborate on a stamp for the MVP Shock?

• Yes

Votes: 81 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 33.6%

• Total voters
I see this going way beyond disc artwork. I think the "shock" first run and it's artwork will start whole new ways to play the game. How about "Shock Collar Doubles"? You miss a putt inside 15' and the partner or opposing team gets to hit "the button"............ Oh yeah... your putting will improve dramatically........ it better.............:D...jerry

Got my zamskull shock today. wow way better in person, this disc is stunning. I have some silver highlights in the first run stamp. What second colors did the 1st run stamps get?

Got my zamskull shock today. wow way better in person, this disc is stunning. I have some silver highlights in the first run stamp. What second colors did the 1st run stamps get?
red, blue, silver, gold, oilslick, and a slim handful of rainbow (not sure any of the rainbows will hit the streets)

Glad to hear you dig it! They did come out very nice.

Zam, other than the rainbow what is the least produced colors (to the most)? Or all they pretty much an even ratio of production?

We also had red sparkle and gold reflective which along with rainbow had very very low quantities. Red sparkle and gold reflective are different from the metallic gold and red that will be more common

I did catalog every color foil we used. Not sure if that will be published any time soon or at all.

Do you have pics of the difference in gold red sparkle and gold reflective so we can tell the difference between them and the regular gold and red?

They won't be made public unless they gave some to Skulboy

But the gold is hard to tell the difference in pictures. It's just "reflective"

The red sparkle is a metallic red with...sparkles

I think I'm ok to list this but there were only 3 of each of these. There were more rainbow

OK so I just got a metallic gold one then.... And I am sure the red I have is not sparkle. Oh well, still very cool!

Are those 1st Run Zam/Skullboy stamped Shock sold out?

Good thing I got three of them. I was planning to order 2 more of those stamps but sold out! How many are those 1st run stamps?

We haven't determined the official limit of the run, but I suspect it'll be finished with the ones we have now. It was around 250ish I think -- and like with the Amp, the post-pre-order will be priced as a collectible around 25. We'll keep the single-foil throwers in stock at $1 over factory. Of course details subject to actual determination.

I think Skulboy's upcoming dual-signed edition is gonna be the true hot commodity now. Support your forum-local artist! :clap:

No. Definitely a no.

Too many skulls and busy designs on discs as it is. Let us please go back to simple, double ring designs and be done with it.

As much as I respect their skill, I don't want any of their style on my plastic. Too Ed Hardy meets UFC meets Affliction.

Edit... Just saw the design and it is pretty freaking good. Dudes have mad skill. Again, just not my style.

Last edited:
No. Definitely a no.

Too many skulls and busy designs on discs as it is. Let us please go back to simple, double ring designs and be done with it.

As much as I respect their skill, I don't want any of their style on my plastic. Too Ed Hardy meets UFC meets Affliction.

Edit... Just saw the design and it is pretty freaking good. Dudes have mad skill. Again, just not my style.

I completely understand that my style and subject matter is not for everyone and that's OK.
I think that is the beauty of doing these custom stamps. It gives the Disc Golfer more choices when purchasing a mold that they want. There is always the manufacture's stock stamp for those who like their discs clean and simple.

I will have a edition of 30 1st runs that will be numbered and signed by Zam and I. These should go up Monday if I get the shipment by Friday or Saturday. I'm going to try and split them up on here, Facebook and my web-store. Also have a plan for one very special auction.
Will post links when everything is in place.
Can't wait to get these in front of me.

Alright! These really did come out pretty cool. If anyone wants to see the latest on this saga, here's a few links.
As usual, it's hard to capture how sweet these really are with a camera.

8463890496_0beba6db46_o.jpg

The signed and numbered 1st run thread.

8463890650_c4f15bd725_o.jpg

The "little bit of Disc Golf history" auction thread.

Latest posts