• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Show off your DGCR Courses PLAYED and FAVORITES map. Unclick wishlist.

as well as Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands).
weird quirk: if you're searching here on DGCR, you have to put US as the country and NMI as the state to get the course listings. they won't come up if you put NMI as the country.

with 50 states + 11 provinces + NMI makes 62 the possible total

but there could be more if there were courses in DC, NW Territories, Newfoundland/Labrador, or any of the US territories that get listed like states: American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, Palau, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands. that would be 10 more for a potential possible total of 72 "states".

So 80 Played in 72 States?!?! :p

yeah all are great neighbors i want to venture into your neck of the woods after i get most of mn done

you been to tjader acres

mine is so concentrated in mn too its really just uninteresting to look at

No I haven't been there yet. I'm planning on a trip to Duluth in June to play Mont Du Lac and whatever else is up there. I'm probably going to play Giant's Ridge while I'm up there. That's the 4 or 5 highest rated in MN but it's in the middle of nowhere. I'd like to hit Chains edge in September hopefully too.

No I haven't been there yet. I'm planning on a trip to Duluth in June to play Mont Du Lac and whatever else is up there. I'm probably going to play Giant's Ridge while I'm up there. That's the 4 or 5 highest rated in MN but it's in the middle of nowhere. I'd like to hit Chains edge in September hopefully too.

giants ridge is on my radar to hit up this summer too

chains edge is awesome but can get redundant just some desolate mn woods dg if you wait a year or three there is supposed to be a third course installed sometime too i really enjoyed it there

giants ridge is on my radar to hit up this summer too

chains edge is awesome but can get redundant just some desolate mn woods dg if you wait a year or three there is supposed to be a third course installed sometime too i really enjoyed it there

Well I love some woods golf so I'll probably love it. I still haven't been to Bryant Lake yet either somehow. The twin cities has some stupid good disc golf.

. . . there could be more if there were courses in DC . . .

Yeah someone should put a course in one of the parks across the river from Reagan National Airport. Maybe Teddy Roosevelt Island. Rock Creek Park would be even better - good landscape for a challenging course.

And no, I'm not volunteering.

Well I love some woods golf so I'll probably love it. I still haven't been to Bryant Lake yet either somehow. The twin cities has some stupid good disc golf.

bryant lake is soft af but its well manicured

handfuls of better play around the tc and stc

but yeah were pretty spoiled lolol

i think i saw back on udisc that it was according to them the second best area to play dg around

Yeah someone should put a course in one of the parks across the river from Reagan National Airport. Maybe Teddy Roosevelt Island. Rock Creek Park would be even better - good landscape for a challenging course.

And no, I'm not volunteering.

i don't really know the area but my brother lives there. i've been a few times and it seems pretty crowded. i figure it's unlikely that they ever get a permanent course. if there were a dedicated group of locals maybe a temp tournament course could lead to permission to set up a course for a weekly or something.

i don't really know the area but my brother lives there. i've been a few times and it seems pretty crowded. i figure it's unlikely that they ever get a permanent course. if there were a dedicated group of locals maybe a temp tournament course could lead to permission to set up a course for a weekly or something.

Temp course would be a good idea. There are times when DC is overwhelmed with tourists (Cherry Blossom Festival, etc.) and times when it is much less crowded.

About 20% of DC is parkland, which is a very high percentage for a big city. The problem is that 90% of that parkland belongs to the federal government so it might take an act of Congress to get a disc golf course.

But it would be worth it to add another "state" on DGCR. :D

I remember the conversation about NYC coming up one time and it came out that if you installed anything like a disc golf basket in the area, the scrappers would strip it clean day one and leave you with nothing. That's probably a concern in any of these really densely populated urban centers, making a course unfeasible even if you had the land.

Strayed from maps showing where we've played, we have... :p

225 played in 18 states.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.11.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.11.24 PM.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 153
It's like Chuck Norris or the Most Interesting Man in the World: "The Valkyrie Kid has played so much disc golf he has played in all 52 or the 50 states."

No. It should say the Valkyrie Kid is so #$%^&*@ old that he played the courses when there were 48 stars on the flag.

But I am planning on bagging another 30-35 courses in Cali in two weeks.

Got above 100 courses played this summer. Hopefully traveling to Europe and moving states this summer so it should be straight forward to bag some more.

Most memorable disc golf experience was traveling 3 hours to play disc golf in Korea.

hrJo3jY.png

Last edited:
I used the Wishlist option to indicate all of the courses I've designed, co-designed, assisted or helped tweak the design in the Upper Midwest and U.S. in the past 30 years. I've played over 700 on DGCR but figured these maps might provide an interesting twist from the Played maps. Hopefully, I've indirectly influenced other designers to produce better course designs that we've all enjoyed playing in our travels.

Attachments

• CGK Design influence map 2020.jpg
    CGK Design influence map 2020.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 39
  • CGK MN surrounding 2020.jpg
    CGK MN surrounding 2020.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 39
Interesting twist Chuck. I've made it out to a few of them:
Kaposia, Fairfield, Bandemer Park (Ann Arbor), IDGC Steady Ed, Idlewild, Riney B, Gordon Holton.

Something tells me several of those courses have evolved since you left your finger prints on them, but most of them are still pretty good (or at least were when I played them).

Thanks for your contributions to the game and this site!

For some reason, I thought you had something to do with Bryant Lake, but it's doesn't appear on your Wish List, so I guess not.

Interesting twist Chuck. I've made it out to a few of them:
Kaposia, Fairfield, Bandemer Park (Ann Arbor), IDGC Steady Ed, Idlewild, Riney B, Gordon Holton.
Actually, Bandemer is mostly BRATS but it didn't show up on the Wishlist map (Tim G maybe doesn't have lat/lon on BRATS yet) so I included Bandemer close to BRATS location. Terry Calhoun, BRATS owner, did give me the tour of Bandemer long ago but not sure if he used any of my feedback from that visit.

Bryant is one of the newer courses in the area I held back from providing design advice or commentary since I already had a pretty big design footprint in the area. The younger designers needed to stretch their wings.

Last edited:

Latest posts