• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Show us your bag mods!

man i cant wait to order me some Grizzly Grip for my sim......and i'll probly do my Squirrel too if there is enough left

Squirrel monkey mods, just finished up tonight. Added a couple patches, plus some webbing to attach pockets (used some off my Oakley bags, could probably find them at an Army Surplus.) Also a key loop inside the main pocket.

Pocket Attached
photo2-1.jpg

Webbing Exposed
photo1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Gonna do some overhaul work on the Simian in the next couple weekends...

nice pocket! it always pissed me off that there wasnt at least tiny pockets in that area.....the one behind the putters makes it a pain in the ass to get your putters out if you put so much as a wallet or pipe in.

That's a cool idea with the pockets, especially making it so that you can add/remove as you see fit.

colombo117 said:
Tim, did you use the quart size can or the pint size?

I got the pint size. You should find that it's plenty, though if you had some friends that wanted to do their bags too, it'd be more cost effective to get the quart.

Jesse B 707 said:
......and i'll probly do my Squirrel too if there is enough left

I think that should work out fine. You could probably do a chimp if you were careful with the amounts, but a Squirrel should work nicely.

i wonder how brittle the truck bed coating gets in the winter...

how flexible is it?
i just got a "hat rack" edition fade bag... thought it was gonna have a tougher bottom on it, odd i thought bout this a while ago, but i'm worried that the flexibility in the bag would cause ti to crack

i was thinkin bout using this stuff, says it remains flexible, but other than that its the same thing, seen it at a few stores around

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

edit. i now see that its been discussed in the waterproofing thread... didn't see that till after, sorry

Cutting and pasting from another post in another galaxy....The internal frame that comes with the Innova Comp bag is sorta flimsy, allowing the discs to sag in the middle. So I removed it and added cardboard end pieces and PVC pipe (1 1/4" dia)

Cardboard is cut from a box, side and bottom using the existing bend. Note the direction of the corregated ribs.

picture.php

picture.php

With discs, it looks like this:

picture.php

I've already played a few rounds and so far the cardboard has held up well. The bend in it adds alot of stiffness to the bottom, creating a nice defined flat bag bottom and sides. The weight of the discs pushes the tubes down and outward, making this really sturdy. The cardboard also will protect the inside of the bag from the edges of the tubes.

Fade Crunch version...no cardboard...
It's a great mid-size bag, but the compartment is too wide for the discs and they slide around. This same idea will center the discs quite nicely. Used 1 1/2" dia PVC to start, just replaced with ABS, which is lighter (and black)
Pics are with white PVC so it's easier to see.

picture.php

picture.php

some call me...tim?:

Did you get the fine or coarse grizzly grip? I'm thinking coarse could be cool for added grip and durability maybe...

Also, did you get the UV blocker?

Finally, how long did it take for your grizzly grip order to get to you?

I can't wait to hook up my sim (when I get it) and my squirrel monkey!

uNicedmeMan said:
some call me...tim?:

Did you get the fine or coarse grizzly grip? I'm thinking coarse could be cool for added grip and durability maybe...

Also, did you get the UV blocker?

Finally, how long did it take for your grizzly grip order to get to you?

I can't wait to hook up my sim (when I get it) and my squirrel monkey!

I believe I got the coarse, and I didn't get the UV blocker. I think it took about a week to get to me, but it shipped from FL, so it might be quicker for most other people.

You'll def. be happy with the results when you're finished, especially if you have to ever deal with soggy courses. I played at a place yesterday where there was standing water everywhere, and there's really something comforting about being able to set your bag directly in a puddle, and still have everything dry inside. I wanna see somebody try out some of the colored stuff. If I had another bag to coat, I would so do that.

some call me...tim? said:
I wanna see somebody try out some of the colored stuff. If I had another bag to coat, I would so do that.

I thought about it a little but black is cheaper and classier.

I got a 15 dollar backpack and a plastic magazine holder from wal-mart and use that as my DG bag. I cut off the top of the magazine holder so I could reach the top of my discs. I'd say that it can hold about 15 or more discs. It also has a outside pouch that's perfect for my putter. It has plenty of extra space to put my keys, phone, towel, and other things. I spent under 20 dollars. I'll post a pic later.

supporting walmart = :(

All the mods look great! Good job.. I love the waterproofing.. reminds me of the stuff i used to use on the front of my hockey skates to keep them from getting roughed up!

this was also posted in the waterproofing thread
heres my fade tourney with the plastidip bottom
qqr5th.jpg

heres the pocket, shows the first and second layer, first soaks in nicely
bhir61.jpg

i'm happy, really flexible, i coulda done better applying it , but i wasn't lookin for a show piece, i did it cause i play in swamps, i wanted the mud to rinse off and stay dry

working on a handful of other mods, but until i get something remarkable, the rest shall remain unseen - mostly just petty stuff for convenience

ok so i finally finished my bag tonight. i have been spraying it over the past few days with some plastidip spray paint. i taped it up with regualr masking tape and some plastic trashbags. the tape held up fine and actually stuck the entire time i sprayed it. the first layer i sprayed on thick so it could soak in,the second layer and there after came every 4 hours or so. it never actually got so thick that the texture was smoothed out but it actually came out perfect and didnt have any kind of lumps or sagging. the only problem i had was when i pulled the tape off it was so thick i had to use a straight razor to kind of trim the rubber. you can see what im talkin about in one of the pics . im gonna get to test it out this weekend at a local tourney so im hoping it holds up! it still has some flex to it so its not super stiff.

IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

those came with the bag sir . remember i got this from u lol. i guess you didnt get a chance to actually use it though right?
however,im sure you can talk to chris about where to get them or you could find them at a upholstery shop or fabric shop. theyre just sewn on

nice shit dude. i will have to take a closer look at manor this weekend(when i whoop you and Disc junkie!)

lol ....thats cool. you can take a look at it when your busy watchin me on the lead card :wink:

for real though,this feels like its gonna do some good on it. i did it specifically for manor in case it was gonna be muddy after that round we had a couple weeks ago. it feels just like rubber so we'll see how it goes.

I am an idiot. I thought for some reason that was a Kong and was like "man I would love to have some footers on my silverback just like the Simian".

Latest posts