• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Signature holes of Minnesota.

RyanisCorriganis

Par Member
I'd like to hear which holes in this great state are considered everyones favorites. Whether it be scenery, difficulty, even a great moment you experienced, I wanna gather a list of the true gems.

There will always be a special place in my heart for #10 at Riverside. I know complete homer vote, but cutting my teeth on that course as a kid has built up so many memories. Also a couple top of the world veiws on a course in Duluth that are next to the community college, I can't think of the name. In fact we couldn't even find our way around the entire course, but the view was something to remember.

Please share your thoughts and why you like these holes in the Land of 10,000 Lakes!

BRP 4, Hyland 18 and Bryant Lake 17 are some of the most memorable from my trip up there.

the lake shot @ Hidden Lake; hole 15

hole 11 @ Benton Beach (peninsula green; 200' shot)

Hole 5 @ Kaposia

Hole 11 @ The Valley (pond shot)

I agree with mashnut on #4 BRP and 17 Bryant Lake. Those are the two that stand out for me. Kaposia has many good holes, but not one that stands out as much as those two

The lake shot out at Hidden Lake is actually #15. Love that hole. I've only cleared the lake once from the long tee, and that was during a really dry year with the lake really low. Great view and great challenge.

Hidden Lake 15 is great, lots of goodies out there. I've lost too many discs to that water. It was frozen over last weekend, I felt blessed. I'm glad the out of staters enjoy #4 BRP. Mississippi River Park now has two imitations of that hole, too much of a good thing as they always say.

the valley hole number 3 or 4 where the trees bend to the right and the basket is on the right. i really liked that hole. albert lea has some quality water holes. and hole number 1 on the water course is like a mini brp hole 4. also the hole at the other albert lea course where you throw down the whole hill is cool. hole 1 at st peter riverside is awesome. hole 15 at land of memories. all i can think of right now from what hasnt been listed yet

I would agree with all of the ones above and would add Elm Creek #5. It kicks my tail almost every round. Very tough hole for RHBH. Managed only to par the hole twice in many rounds. Seriously tough 3 for your average rube like me.

:confused: Mont du Lac! I've yet to pay a visit. I tried to go more North this summer but only got to the Brainerd and Detroit Lakes area. Any folks from the North got any to throw in the race?

After watching many clash dvd's on youtube its pretty obvious that to be a feature hole or signature hole, it has to be at the top of a hill. Even thought the course overall is not good, hole #5 at West Pulaski in Buffalo. 275ft or so down the hill with the basket on the edge of the lake, go too long and the disc is way in the lake and most likely gone. I am friends with a guy who aced it on a turnover with a magnet.

To me the best signature holes in MN are:

West Pulaski #5
BRP #4
Giants Ridge #18
Hyland #18
Elm Creek #14
Bryant Lake #17
Plymouth Creek #8

It's interesting how quite a few signature holes have design flaws or at least weaknesses. It seems like a big downhill shot or across water can produce a signature hole despite other drawbacks. And I'm including a few I've designed in that weakness list.

Last edited:
Not always about the numbers, it's about the feelings. I found the Duluth course I loved so much, Miller Creek, but I played it before the redesign. There used to be a picnic table with a very inappropriate drawing of a cat, and the great veiw of Lake Superior was hole 4 or 5 IIRC.

I'm not saying a signature hole has to have great design technically, just that sometimes it's tough to do that because of terrain limitations. Likewise, some of the best technically designed holes don't always look or feel like signature holes. It's cool for the designer when you can get both elements to create a signature hole.

well chuck should answer that. I put holes which although are not my favorite on the courses I know most relate to. IMO a hole like Lakewood # 10 is more a signature than the ones I listed for example but also poor design by chucks standards I would assume.

Last edited:
After watching many clash dvd's on youtube its pretty obvious that to be a feature hole or signature hole, it has to be at the top of a hill. Even thought the course overall is not good, hole #5 at West Pulaski in Buffalo. 275ft or so down the hill with the basket on the edge of the lake, go too long and the disc is way in the lake and most likely gone. I am friends with a guy who aced it on a turnover with a magnet.

To me the best signature holes in MN are:

West Pulaski #5
BRP #4
Giants Ridge #18
Hyland #18
Elm Creek #14
Bryant Lake #17
Plymouth Creek #8
Any hole with a CONE basket, preferably the green monster's that Hansen and Moir have.