• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon Lizotte Video "AMA" Ask Me Anything - CCDG

The best 30 seconds of advice in this entire video is from 10:30 to 11:00.

Simon says: "Being a good putter is all in your head."

He explains that the top twenty pros all have different grips, putters and forms.

"...so it's not the form that makes a good putter, it's what is up here(pointing to head). And that's just training and being relaxed and knowing you can make the putt."

So for all you new players searching for the most reliable putter or the best grip or the perfect putting style......it all comes down to training. It doesn't matter which brand or style of putter you use, find one you like. If you want to swoop or straddle or push or spin, practice YOUR putt and build confidence. Once you are confident, you can relax and let the muscle memory do the work.

You need to be confident to be a Champion, you can't just be hoping that putt will go in. All that being said, I would mentally crumble and flail if I was faced with any of the putts Paul and Ricky were making in the Sudden Death playoff at 2014 Pro Worlds. Just watching those two made me nervous.

I'm pretty sure he does, and it's not really surprising, a lot of top athletes do. A lesser known aspect of ADHD is the ability to "hyperfocus" when the activity at hand is right in someone's wheelhouse, which is perfect for the narrow focus on one sport required to train and become an elite athlete in any sport.

Bingo with the hyperfocus. Indeed. I benefit from ADHD as well, I've only been playing since last May, in MN and work in I.T. so this entire winter was just me Hyperfocusing the crap out of disc golf on the internet and youtube. I'm miles better than last season, I know so much more about discs and form and mindset. After about a month of playing my short game with mids and putters after the snow melted I went out to BRP and put my Wraith and Destroyer out to 410 feet :) I was pretty proud of myself.

If I am interested in something, I HAVE to learn about it. This would explain why I didn't do **** in school, because I couldn't care less about those subjects but would day dream about how to be a better soccer player or competitive gamer.

Now all my focus goes into DG haha. It's wicked what I can space out while I'm focused.

Last edited:
I think it is really cool that he knows people who come out to watch him want to see him do these incredible shots with the power he has, and acknowledges that by throwing unconventional routes or 360 driving a 700 foot hole he is giving the fans what they want and can gain new fans at the same time.

I was amazed the first time I saw him play and every time he steps up to the tee you never know what to expect.

I think it is really cool that he knows people who come out to watch him want to see him do these incredible shots with the power he has, and acknowledges that by throwing unconventional routes or 360 driving a 700 foot hole he is giving the fans what they want and can gain new fans at the same time.

I was amazed the first time I saw him play and every time he steps up to the tee you never know what to expect.
Yea that comment was great. Same with his mentality to 'just step up and take the shot' and not waste a bunch of time overthinking things.

Latest posts