• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon's Vlog

I bought a DD Justice this Summer, and it was a rather cheeky disc for me being an incredibly OS mid-range. The Tilt seems like its beefier faster older brother.

He got a STEGO in his latest video..will be fun to se him throw the STEGO vs the TILT

So.......from the marketing genius of Discmania....the most overstable, glideless disc ever? Perhaps I am not the target audience. I mean, maybe it is directed at the vast parts of the disc golf population that can throw over 600ft?

Hey, ru4por....we are going to let you make us any disc you want. My suggestion is not a remake of the Innova Ram. I cannot imagine anyone but the most gullible fanboys ponying up some cash for this.

Am I completely lost on this?

How does this gimmick intersect with disc availability, seeing how many people have been unhappy with shortages? Guess Discmania and Lat64 (primarily Lat64 as they are the manufacturer) can chase profit however they want. Seems a rather peculiar way to use finite production time. But what do I know because they will certainly sell out and then be flipped for higher prices.

I can't throw 600 ft, but will probably get one.

There is a hole on my local course that is a tree-filled poke and hope shot that I have taken to throwing high anhyzer flex shots with very overstable discs to weave through trees, since I have no confidence in success with a more traditional throw. Sometimes, my position on the fairway merits a disc that will flex out super fast. I'm interested in seeing what this disc will do in that position.

I don't plan to buy one, but if I ended up with one and had a bag spot, I'd carry one. I think it would be useful for pitch outs and throwing from behind trees. And I love skip shots and forehand rollers.

I'd buy one just to mess around with. I bought a Stego for the same reason, and it's actually a pretty fun disc.

I won't buy a 60 or 70 dollar mystery box with a bunch of poor selling molds and/or plastics packed with it just to get one though. The mystery boxes seem like a way to offload discs that have been sitting on the shelves for awhile.

I'd buy one just to mess around with. I bought a Stego for the same reason, and it's actually a pretty fun disc.

I won't buy a 60 or 70 dollar mystery box with a bunch of poor selling molds and/or plastics packed with it just to get one though. The mystery boxes seem like a way to offload discs that have been sitting on the shelves for awhile.

My understanding is that the mystery box discs are decent discs that they just have a bunch of; with one or two amazing discs thrown in. But....I won't get a mystery box because I have enough discs laying around that I don't throw, why do I need more? I'd rather buy discs that I know I want to try or need to replace lost ones. I'd like to try the Tilt, but obviously it won't be an option since they aren't going to sell them and I'm not going to buy a mystery box just to get one.

I'd be curious to know how many people that get a mystery box will actually keep the Tilt and not immediately resell it.

I'll probably buy a Tilt once I can casually walk into my local brick-and-mortar, pick one off the shelf and buy it. Who knows, maybe that will never be the case. They did say they're gonna be more mass produced this year though.

Looks like a really fun trick disc. I love my bricks.

"mass-produced" and "released to the public" seem to have a different meaning at Discmania than to the rest of the population.

Released to the public seems to mean a publicized release date, then it sells out in 2 minutes or less, then goes to the resale market where it sells for double or triple (or more) than the retail.
It's DM's marketing strategy and it apparently is working for them.
Not bitter, just a little sad trying to get some of that sweet plastic.

Anyways, let's hope they can have more general releases that actually stay in stock.
Here's hoping...

Bad thread drift.
Bad DiscJunkie!!

Sooooo.....what's Simon up to? Is he just playing it covid-safe until he gets shots a la Nate or? Now I look on YouTube I see he has posted some stuff on YouTube recently but he's been radio silent on IG.

^^^ Injury - rehab - repeat. Seems like he gets close to a full recovery and then injures himself a bit which slows down the full recovery. He just needs to take a full year off from playing and do something else so he can fully recover. The sport needs a full time Simon compared to a part time Simon.

^^^ Injury - rehab - repeat. Seems like he gets close to a full recovery and then injures himself a bit which slows down the full recovery. He just needs to take a full year off from playing and do something else so he can fully recover. The sport needs a full time Simon compared to a part time Simon.
Bummer. Hard to believe there was a time when we had Eagle, Paul, Ricky, and Simon all healthy at the same time.