• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Small Axe Cooler Backpack

It is a new item from Small Axe literally launched this week. It is what it is - a small cooler backpack. It fits a need, which is a small bag capable of holding drinks and discs. It honestly isn't geared towards the DGCR premium bag crowd. Think of it like the Ching Cooler bag but with backpack straps and more pockets. It does make a great travel bag and most staff here commented it would be the perfect festival bag for stashing a lid and other necessities.

Are the side pockets large enough to fit discs? Is that how it fits 6-8 discs plus drinks?

I'd like to see some pictures of the compartments. Is the cooler the disc storage area as well?

Possibly getting one of these just for glow rounds. It is that time of year. And a 6 pack and 6 discs is pretty much what I'll need to carry...

Best pics I have right now are from the product image itself, which shows 8 drivers inside.

0K3EQSq.jpg

Think smaller with this bag... there's only one pocket/compartment that will even fit a disc, and it's the main section. It's not a tour bag, it's not a big bag at all nor is it made for big-bag uses. It's geared toward the average player and what they carry/want. Kinda amazing that nobody's done the small/medium backpack style yet, but here ya go.

I'd like to see some pictures of the compartments. Is the cooler the disc storage area as well?

This is what I was getting at. The description said it could hold 6-8 discs AND a six pack. I believe it's an either...or.

Edit: It says 6-8 discs and beverages.

6-8 discs + the 6-pack is as jam-packed as you can get it. If you plan on lugging all 6 drinks for the whole round it's probably not a good way to pack it, but that's its max.

Thanks for the clarification, Zam. It's a great looking bag. I've loved the Pucks and Chucker's Chalk. I'm sure this would be equally as satisfying if I were in the market for a smaller bag. The only thing I don't like is the mesh front water bottle pocket (at least it looks like mesh), and that's only because I've destroyed it on every bag I've had very quickly.

6-8 discs + the 6-pack is as jam-packed as you can get it. If you plan on lugging all 6 drinks for the whole round it's probably not a good way to pack it, but that's its max.

The thing that surprised me was how tall the main compartment is. You can literally lay down all your drinks under the discs(and behind or in front of) and still zip it all up no problem. There is more room upwards in this thing than most small/med bags

Best pics I have right now are from the product image itself, which shows 8 drivers inside.

0K3EQSq.jpg

Think smaller with this bag... there's only one pocket/compartment that will even fit a disc, and it's the main section. It's not a tour bag, it's not a big bag at all nor is it made for big-bag uses. It's geared toward the average player and what they carry/want. Kinda amazing that nobody's done the small/medium backpack style yet, but here ya go.

What about the HB Demo? It was not a great design but it was a backpack style cooler bag with room for 8-10 discs. I think its pretty safe to say it was a flop.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0214/4114/products/websgg_large.jpg?1353
websgg_large.jpg

What about the HB Demo? It was not a great design but it was a backpack style cooler bag with room for 8-10 discs. I think its pretty safe to say it was a flop.
ZJ told me about this one and I'd never heard of it, first time I've actually seen a photo in fact.

I have thought about buying the Demo Pack from Hyzer Bomb for the same reason. It is however a good bit more money.

Possibly getting one of these just for glow rounds. It is that time of year. And a 6 pack and 6 discs is pretty much what I'll need to carry...

Saw this in the email from DN, figured someone would have made a thread already; DGCR, you deliver!

I went ahead and placed an order, I'll try to give you guys a review when it comes in.

I needed a couple Fuse's anyways so it's an excuse to place an order I guess haha