• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Sneaky long

DX Valks straight bomb.

Yep as do the Champion too in anything but pop top, Star depends as you want domed but not pop top for a long bomber as then the Valkyrie has glide and just floats in the air for all plastic types. The Flatter topped Valkyries are not the same disc in terms of glide but they have same flight if you can put the power on them.

What drivers would you guys say are "sneaky long"? By that I mean they gain noticeably more distance than you think they should and end up beyond your intended target.

What discs do you think are sneaky long?

I tend to think of the Valkyrie a player held the world record with one and they have always been sneaky long but have yet to go beyond the basket but it has gone past where it should have especially if the Valkyrie has hard ground to skip off of, that disc is famous for that skip if you throw the disc low to the ground. This disc was one of the first true driver discs made in the USA.

Another disc, the Z Stalker a fairway disc is a disc that has the capability to go further then I thought and can miss the target. The Stalker is fairly straight so it can be used as well for a tunnel shots like the Impact but not all tight woods shots since the Impact is better at powering down and with odd gap shots unlike the Stalker being straight only when using power on the disc. The flight on the Stalker is like an Eagle flight but a straight flight though more end flight fade then the Viking. However I have only used the disc a bit this year as it was a newer replacement for the Z XL and flies like the ESP XL still in my bag but with out the dump that all premium XL have at end of flight. XL was more comfortable in the hand but only by a bit due to the mini bead on the Stalker.

I see some people putting on here Putters and such when the OP mentioned he was looking for Drivers, so Fairway and Distance are what we are looking for.

I disagree. One of the appeals of the zone is that you can't throw them over about 300 feet. If you're overshooting the green it must be a fairly short shot.

Yeah actually you're right, I'm thinking of instances where I was pinched and needed to get around some trees in the woods from about 100' and in... In fact I very rarely throw the Zone in an open fairway. Thinking of bagging something less zippy for those pinched upshots, like maybe a rhyno or justice.

Yeah actually you're right, I'm thinking of instances where I was pinched and needed to get around some trees in the woods from about 100' and in... In fact I very rarely throw the Zone in an open fairway. Thinking of bagging something less zippy for those pinched upshots, like maybe a rhyno or justice.

Yeah that's that speed 4 thing. I bag a mortar and the same thing happens to me when I'm trying to get around a sharp corner but only need to throw it <100 feet.

Yeah that's that speed 4 thing. I bag a mortar and the same thing happens to me when I'm trying to get around a sharp corner but only need to throw it <100 feet.

Problem is, speed 3.5 is a really fashionable, sexy speed for OS discs right now, and I am really looking for speed 2.

Beat in S-PD & the older, actually good DX Teebirds. (good DX plastic, not the mold itself)
DX Teebirds just seemed to glide forever but that was the older DX plastic. I haven't messed with DX plastic in a while but the last I felt was pretty horrible

Also a VOLT is very sneaky long. It can fly as far as my Distance drivers - its listed as a Speed 8 disc - and it is. but travels easily speed 10-11 distances, just a balance of speed, turn, glide, and forward fade. thing is awesome on low tunnel flexes.

Also a VOLT is very sneaky long. It can fly as far as my Distance drivers - its listed as a Speed 8 disc - and it is. but travels easily speed 10-11 distances, just a balance of speed, turn, glide, and forward fade. thing is awesome on low tunnel flexes.

All relative to your power level. If you can throw a destroyer 450 you won't be able to throw a volt that far. It won't come back on anhyzer at high power either.

All relative to your power level. If you can throw a destroyer 450 you won't be able to throw a volt that far. It won't come back on anhyzer at high power either.

true - but just saying this disc has the ability to carry a lot longer than you'd think for a disc of that width, etc. its just a nice balanced design. When OVER powered it would turn a bit much and not get what you're looking for, yes. just saying its sneaky long and can sometimes match my open field drives :\

Phenom for me. That disc is the easiest disc for me to hit 300' of anything I've thrown. I feel like I barely throw it and it just goes for ages. I throw it a bunch in the woods and lace gaps sometimes and end up way further into open fairway than I intended.

Latest posts