• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Jesse B 707 said:
you wont catch me throwing with a glove on, why not just keep your throwing hand in your nice warm pocket until you're just about to throw?

Because this glove has better grip than bare hand during a dry warm summer day in 47F. Not kidding for real.

Good - Played a round of doubles with three friends who I don't get to disc a lot with. Also tied my doubles record at -9, so now I hold the record with 2 of those 3 friends...

Bad - I missed the last putt of the day, which would have put us at -10...

Ugly - The way my friend(who I had originally held the record with) started losing all sportsmanship during the round once he realized my partner and I might beat our record of -9. He started putting 2 discs, purposely throwing the second while I was warming up for my putt...

Even on the last hole, as I was putting for -10, right as I was about to throw, he putts again and I end up missing the putt.

He knows that we don't play like that, but he can be such a little bitch when it comes to stuff like this.

emagdnim said:
Good - Played a round of doubles with three friends who I don't get to disc a lot with. Also tied my doubles record at -9, so now I hold the record with 2 of those 3 friends...

Bad - I missed the last putt of the day, which would have put us at -10...

Ugly - The way my friend(who I had originally held the record with) started losing all sportsmanship during the round once he realized my partner and I might beat our record of -9. He started putting 2 discs, purposely throwing the second while I was warming up for my putt...

Even on the last hole, as I was putting for -10, right as I was about to throw, he putts again and I end up missing the putt.

He knows that we don't play like that, but he can be such a little bitch when it comes to stuff like this.

your buddy sounds like a tool.

people get ostracized for that kind of crap in KC.

He can be...

He's one of my close friends, but he has tendencies that make me want to kick him in the nards occasionally.

He's also the only guy around here who is good and wants to disc on a daily basis with me...so I really don't have a choice if I want to get some non-solo discing in.

It's all good though, he pushes me to be a better player...

JR said:
Ugly: The cost of training is going up for me it seems. If you're gonna throw with a golf glove on don't buy a white glove it's not that pretty after a couple of throws.

Maybe a pink glove then if you're afraid of getting it dirty...

pd

emagdnim said:
He can be...

He's one of my close friends, but he has tendencies that make me want to kick him in the nards occasionally.

He's also the only guy around here who is good and wants to disc on a daily basis with me...so I really don't have a choice if I want to get some non-solo discing in.

It's all good though, he pushes me to be a better player...
he would push me to whip his ass

Good: Got a basket and my putting is awesome

Bad: 30mph winds today made my putting bad

Ugly: The snow is inevitable in Minnesota :cry:

pointdisc said:
JR said:
Ugly: The cost of training is going up for me it seems. If you're gonna throw with a golf glove on don't buy a white glove it's not that pretty after a couple of throws.

Maybe a pink glove then if you're afraid of getting it dirty...

pd

Nah it's just cosmetic and I don't care about it looking like it's been dragged through mud. It'll be anyway :) Pink? You lost me. Black's just fine for hiding cosmetic issues. Which I don't mind.

Good - I feel like I am really close to throwing far. On the course today I was getting my rocs 300 no problem and in the field I was getting them 330 by just throwing them straight and letting them fade. I can't quite get my drivers to fly as good as the rocs but I am getting close.

Bad - Funeral this weekend for my Grandfather.

Ugly - My putting :p

Good - got to play my favorite course this morning: Lorch Park, Coyote Course - Cedar Hill, TX. The weather was great for November, the leaves were all turning, and shot a pretty good round too (-4).

Saw a bobcat carrying around a dead squirrel.

Finally got my putting back after a 3 week long slump.

Bad - still managed to miss 2 relatively easy putts for birdie. Would have tied my best score if I had hit them.

Ugly - :mrgreen:

The Good: So we had a big Halloween party on Friday night with a lot of families with kids. I set up a basket and brought out some glow discs and held games with the kids. We set up a few holes to play, then they threw for distance and had a ring of fire, all for candy prizes of course. It was a fun way to show the game off to the kids and their parents.

The Bad: I spent 20 minutes washing little makeup fingerprints off my glow discs today.

The Ugly: My Wife asked me "so where are you going to come up with 20 glow discs?" and I said "No problem, I've got a lot more than 20 glow discs." The look I got in return was something like this: :evil:

The Ugly: My playing today. Played two courses today, and had two of the worst rounds I have ever had. Out of 36 holes not one birdie! I could not believe how bad I played. :evil:

Good: Haven't been playing consistently lately (been having touble finishing the round), but put up a 49 on Rosedale Up Top and a 46 on Rosedale Down Under. The DU score was with a Roc and Wizard.

Ugly. Last night, while playing in the dark, I was spotting, and took a line drive with a Roc right into the place where my leg goes into my pelvis. Not a bad place to be hit, since you've got a lot of muscle there, but I woke up this morning was a bruise.

Only ugly this weekend.

Putting back at a basket about 20 feet in front of a very nasty pond. Wind was left to right and I hyzer putt, so I put a little more height on it. Right when I release, the wind swirls or changes direction, lifts my putter and deposits it in the very nasty pond. This was during league no less. Goodbye black kc aviar putter. :cry: I've been in that pond before, and I'm not going back in after it....

victorb said:
Only ugly this weekend.

Putting back at a basket about 20 feet in front of a very nasty pond. Wind was left to right and I hyzer putt, so I put a little more height on it. Right when I release, the wind swirls or changes direction, lifts my putter and deposits it in the very nasty pond. This was during league no less. Goodbye black kc aviar putter. :cry: I've been in that pond before, and I'm not going back in after it....

Oakland Back #16?

great hole.

Good - played a round with the "local pro" today and he actually gave me some tips for once. So that was good. I actually tied him today so that was exciting.

Bad - I could have beat him if I could putt better.

Ugly - My putting.

victorb said:
Yep, that would be the one. Smelly, smelly pond.

fortunately i have never thrown into that water.

i think i've deuced that short position every time i've played it.

saw a buddy, marck schneider, almost ace it with a KC pro roc both this year and last year at the mid am open.

phisherman77 said:
fortunately i have never thrown into that water.

i think i've deuced that short position every time i've played it.

Hence the ugly. Even the best players make a bad shot some time.

Latest posts