• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

The good: We had some kids stop by my office today and wanted to play some Disc Golf.
The Great: I got to show them the course and teach them a little.
The awesome/ugly: These kids almost got to see their first ace. I had a beauty anny forehand with my magic that splashed hard and bounced out.

Good: Played really fun courses today at Gordon Barret Park in Orlando

Bad: Lost my favorite QMS on the signature hole at said course #18 Island (it's a true Island too, has a bridge to get out to it). disc had 2 aces on it, one of which was my 13th Ace, which happened on the 13th Hole, on the 13th of September, at 1pm which happens to be 1300 in Military time.

Wicked Awesome/Ugly at the same time: The proshop on the course had 10 CE QMS's and he had no idea. I bought 2 of them for a GT of 36$, the ugly part is I didn't have 200$ in cash to buy each one.

Oh well.

Fritz said:
Bad: Lost my favorite QMS on the signature hole at said course #18 Island (it's a true Island too, has a bridge to get out to it). disc had 2 aces on it, one of which was my 13th Ace, which happened on the 13th Hole, on the 13th of September, at 1pm which happens to be 1300 in Military time.

You obviously need to start looking for more matching numbers that is the number of your next ace. "I can't throw yet I gotta wait another minute for an ace"!

Good: Got out before work to play nearly a full round (had to skip 2 holes due to time constraint)

Better: Backhand drives are getting better.

Even better: Shot one of my better rounds since playing all backhand rounds (par)

UGLY: Tossed my X Buzzz into a puddle of standing water that was probably 8-12 inches deep. I immediately took off my shoes and socks, pulled up my pants, and went in to get it. Water was very cold. I think at the time it was 46 degrees out.

The good: The weather is warming up. My distance is back, my form feels smoother, my annies are better, my putting is good. Ahhhhhhhhh.
The bad: Course is still a bit muddy, my pumas are caked and I played the round with wet feet.
The ugly: I still need to re-adjust to the added d. I need to release with less hyser on the low power shots.

The good: played a round at lake lewisville (started at hole 10), and had one of my cleanest rounds with one bogey.

The bad: lost my one and only favorite Z wasp on hole three due to an errant bad throw and high water from all the rain.

The awesome: a few days later I went to PIAS and found a used ESP wasp ($8.00) in the same weight and with an ace signature on it. I then parked a 300 foot, low ceiling shot with it on the first throw. The farthest throw I've had with a buzzz/wasp so far.

the good- tied my best score at the local course
the bad- hit a couple of trees on drives that would have been great
the ugly- was beating my best score by one stroke going into the 18th and bogied the stupid thing to tie my best.

The good - Played good at doubles. My drives were feeling great and had some bombs. Birdied 5 in a row at one point. I changed my form a bit and it seems to really be paying off.

The bad - Was 1 off cash and 3 off the lead. And I missed 4 VERY makeable putts.

The ugly - After the five birdies in a row it was our last hole and had a 50 ft jump putt hit dead center, sit in the basket for a second, then jump out. Would have been six in a row!

The ugly: my putting as of late. Good, then bad, then good, then bad.

The bad: Worked 16hrs yesterday

The good: Only have to work 2 hrs today and the rest will be spent on the course!

pd

Bad: Wasn't on today. Whippet hit every tree possible. Just couldn't get going, finished 8 over par.

Ugly: Turned over my ankle I severely sprained two years ago, now it's as big as a grapefruit. Happened on the third hole, but I kept playing because I'm a man, goddamnit. Icing it tonight, hope the swelling goes down and it won't be a lasting thing. When I sprained it two years ago I could barely walk for three months.

"Good": My buddy bought his first disc today, 176 DX Roc. Took it out for a mini round after the first round, and he kicked some ass. I knew the beat Roc and Shark I had gave him were too understable. What a difference. Now he actually wants to come out and play.

GOOD: BASKETS GO IN AT WICKHAM TOMORROW! Finally no more Cross Farms, I've hit every single tree in those woods this winter anyway.

JR said:
Fritz said:

You obviously need to start looking for more matching numbers that is the number of your next ace. "I can't throw yet I gotta wait another minute for an ace"!

True that. Hmmm, it's gonna have to be Hole 18, on the 18th Day of the month @ 1800 (6PM for those non military time folx)

Good: I played at Acorn park and North Valley park yesterday and shot -1 and -4 (personal bests at both of them) in 50+ degree weather
Bad: I missed too many birdies...
Ugly: As I type this, it is dumping snow!! :x Like 4 inches and counting

good: played a round with a few pros and picked up some good pointers. like keeping my wrist looser and how to lead with a shoulder/ elbow combo.

gooder: switched to the straddle putt recently for 50' and in and have been hitting mad putts, something just clicked on day and I understood how to straddle putt. Putting practice finally paid off. :)

bad: my follow through is all messed up right now. I can't seem to get any good weight through without feeling like I am going to rip something in my knee.

ugly: hurt my elbow making a retaining wall this weekend. I can't be hurt right when it is getting real nice out. :(

Good: putting practice is paying off even more! Putts inside 30' are coming very naturally now...I'm not spending as much time thinking about each one, just lining up, focusing on the link I want to hit, and going for it...much more confidence than before I started practicing.

Gooder: Something finally "clicked" when it comes to jump putting! I used to have a lot of trouble overshooting the basket on jump putts...that , or I'd get it too high and it would stall out right above the basket and fall in front of it. This weekend I tried putting less emphasis on the jump and more on the pitch motion...worked out much better! I hit several 50+ footers...

Goodest: Went out last night after the rain for a little casual play. I played the "Championship 6" alternate layout at our course...the last hole is about 550' slightly uphill, with some large pines in front of the green. My second shot hit a tree and fell about 150' short of the pin. I pulled out my black KC Pro Aviar, lined up, and let her rip....flew dead straight all the way into the chains!!! Probably the most satisfying shot I've had in the last year!

Bad & Ugly: the weather today...but then again, a little rainy disc golf never hrurt anyone.

The Good (actually GREAT!) I discovered a long-forgotten stash of glow discs, hidden presumably to protect them from harmful light exposure. Maybe they were hidden to protect them from my ebay-happy wife. Anyway, to the "good" part. Amongst the little treasures were two pristine Tournament plastic Cyclones. :D

The Bad: Also amongst these discs were two unthrown Rancho Rocs that have the old "Throw In The Dark" stamp, so these would be very tasty early-run Rancho Rocs. Unfortunately, they weigh 166 & 168 g respectively. :?

The Ugly: All-in-all I found 25 thrown and 19 unthrown glow discs. Some of the thrown ones, especially the Aviars and Rocs, show evidence of significant use. One of the Aviars looks like it might be the most beat-up putter I own. Seriously folks, I must have some stage of alzheimer's. I only remember playing glow golf five or six times in my entire life, and I really don't remember ever seeing this beat-up Aviar before in my life. :oops:

Working Stiff said:
The Good (actually GREAT!) I discovered a long-forgotten stash of glow discs, hidden presumably to protect them from harmful light exposure. Maybe they were hidden to protect them from my ebay-happy wife. Anyway, to the "good" part. Amongst the little treasures were two pristine Tournament plastic Cyclones. :D

The Bad: Also amongst these discs were two unthrown Rancho Rocs that have the old "Throw In The Dark" stamp, so these would be very tasty early-run Rancho Rocs. Unfortunately, they weigh 166 & 168 g respectively. :?

The Ugly: All-in-all I found 25 thrown and 19 unthrown glow discs. Some of the thrown ones, especially the Aviars and Rocs, show evidence of significant use. One of the Aviars looks like it might be the most beat-up putter I own. Seriously folks, I must have some stage of alzheimer's. I only remember playing glow golf five or six times in my entire life, and I really don't remember ever seeing this beat-up Aviar before in my life. :oops:

With perks like that who could be totally depressed about Alzheimer's?

JR said:
Working Stiff said:

With perks like that who could be totally depressed about Alzheimer's?
What were we talking about?

The good: Moneyed in the trouney today (even though I was in the last place to money).

The bad: The Colonel's secret reciepe was rockin big time, but then he switched it up to hot and spicy and needed a drink to cool off (I tossed my sweet KFC dyed firebird into a wastewater pond).

The ugly: Everything else today. Super windy (pretty much constant 20+ during the 2nd round) and my putting was HORRID...

pd

Latest posts