• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Southwest Airlines - Golf Mahal as carryon?

zrxchris

Birdie Member
Normally I just take my little innova bag when I travel. But I'm headed to Illinois for Ultimate Masters. Nationals and have a free day to play The Canyons on my trip and I'm thinking I want more than just a few discs.

Has anyone ever taken the Golf Mahal as a carryon in Southwest Airlines? Thinking I can adjust the yoke to as small as it will go. Not sure if will meet the height requirements.

Any input is most appreciated!

Are you wanting to fit it in an overhead compartment or under a seat? I have flown with a full backpack bag and it barely fit under the seat, but I ended up putting it overhead since there was room. The carry on dimensions guide that the airline gives is pretty accurate. What I'd be worried about is the possibility of a packed flight and being asked to check the bag.

Sorry, no experience with the Golf Mahal, but figured general DG backpack airplane experience might be helpful.

I'm not positive how big one is, but my Voodoo Zulu (their giant-est bag) fits as a carryon, even when completely stuffed to the max.

Since Southwest doesn't charge for bags, the only reason to carry on at Southwest is because you want to keep your discs safe from baggage handlers. If you carry only discs in the Mahal, it should fit fine it the overhead. Normal backpack bags fit fine in overhead. Put everything else from your Mahal that isn't a disc into your luggage and check it free.

I travel a handful of times each year for work and (almost) always bring my bag.
In the past, I've taken a Flak3, Flak4, & Grip BX on both American & Southwest without issues.
The Mahal is probably closer to the Flak4, which fit under the seat or in the overhead compartment just fine...

Latest posts