• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Special Run of CFR Champ Pigs (or Glo)

Dave Dunipace said on the PDGA website:

Hi Dave,

I saw that someone asked about this in 2008, but will the Pig become available in Star plastic? It's by far my favorite utility disc and I'd love to get one in beefier plastic (although a beat up pig is great too). Also, will it ever become available in regular Pro plastic again?

Thanks.

We will do some Star or Champion if it is possible weight wise. R-Pro is the usual, but we may be able to do some driver Pro in the future, if we can secure a good supply of the plastic.

Also:

Hi Dave,

Any plans for a Star, Champion or DX Pig? I thought I read R-Pro was next, but would like one in a more durable plastic.

We did do DX, but they were too stiff. Star and Champion aren't light enough plastics to work.

So, are we getting worked up for nothing? I really hope this is possible. I'd love me a gummy champ Piggy.

i've held a champ pig in my hands before. it was a few years ago at a tourney at standing rocks.

So, are we getting worked up for nothing? I really hope this is possible. I'd love me a gummy champ Piggy.

In my numerous conversations with the Factory Store representative I have been assured that premium plastic Pigs can be produced, they just need to see the desire for them expressed here and through emails to them asking for them.

In my numerous conversations with the Factory Store representative I have been assured that premium plastic Pigs can be produced, they just need to see the desire for them expressed here and through emails to them asking for them.

Well, support they have. It should only be a matter of time then.

INNOVA, we represent a small fraction of the community that purchases your discs on a regular basis.

As of 9/12/2012, we would like to purchase 240 Champ Pigs. Is this enough for a CFR or regular production run???
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

UPDATED LIST - check to see if you should be on the list and are not, also make sure the number I have you down for is correct. thank you.

New013 - 7
Booter - 1
Michaelmove - 1
Digital - 2
Nowski - 2
thugjitsu - 5
Huk Finn - 2
Dfwdscglfr - 2
georgesummers - 5
BENFTS - 3
VeeAreSix - 5
jkdisc - 1
Osmo - 2
jlh900 - 2
jasonc - 4
Atrainwrecker - 2
tomsdiscs - 2
prototype - 1
pdiddy71 - 1
chain-addicted - 1
jpacetime - 5
deafdgolfer - 4
jenb - 1
jmoney - 4
njdevilsphan - 5
BillTard - 1
natural born deaf - 2
Prototype - 2
Gangstar - 5
QuinnAA199 - 2
VyZx - 2
JR Stengele - 1
GreggStone - 1
Cyoda - 5
austin234 - 2
DiscLizard - 2
bradcrow - 3
Jmitch - 4
Burritotoes - 3
PuttyMcPlaidPants - 3
neilz4 - 2
allurex - 3
Ripper - 2
codus1984 - 2
'cjc - 2
Huk Finn - 3
Bender - 1
Rocaholic - 3
jtreadwell - 2
thugjitsu - 9
GEChurch - 10
wwchart - 3
Bangchains - 2
tbird999 - 2
Dr.Disc - 10
La flama blanca - 5
maddmatt - 5
pacanova - 4
JR Stengele - 1
Bobby Lewinski - 1
Banger of Chains - 3
Sagecoast - 2
Hyzer's - 3
nuggsfan9 - 2
drkstr - 1
pablo.diablo - 5
iacas - 3
yangs1 - 3
Sagecoast - 2
dmbrun2 - 3
hyzer1 - 2
Stan McDaniel - 1
A Gold Piggie - 3
B3NDER - 1
BigSky - 2
Mulligan McGee - 1
big_game_brewer - 6
Flick4D - 3
tarel - 5
Arocep - 1
jswoods1984 - 3
iowapat - 3
BraveThrower43 - 2
240 AS OF 9/12/2012.

Please don't forget to e-mail the Innova Factory Store here and sign the petition here!!!

I can't imagine why Innova isn't making these ASAP with a 240 of them wanted!

End sarcasm.

MTL,

I honestly have no idea how many it would take to make this happen...what would a reasonable number be in this situation?

All I know for sure is that I love to throw my Pro Pigs and I would very much appreciate an opportunity to throw them in Pro or any other type of plastic besides R-Pro at this point.

MTL,

I honestly have no idea how many it would take to make this happen...what would a reasonable number be in this situation?

All I know for sure is that I love to throw my Pro Pigs and I would very much appreciate an opportunity to throw them in Pro or any other type of plastic besides R-Pro at this point.

240 is an insanely small amount to a company that literally sells tens of thousands of discs a week.

Beyond that - I have a sweeet champion SL for sale. with an 11X eagle stamp on it. Only released to team innova players. 8/10. Faint ink on rim. Max.

^^Yes it is a small amount of people, but the people that have looked at and posted interest on this site is also a VERY small portion of the disc golf community. 240 discs guaranteed from this small number of golfers is pretty impressive in my opinion.

240 is an insanely small amount to a company that literally sells tens of thousands of discs a week.

Beyond that - I have a sweeet champion SL for sale. with an 11X eagle stamp on it. Only released to team innova players. 8/10. Faint ink on rim. Max.

first of all they ran the gators with about 400 requests. i wouldn't call that in comparison insanely small, especially since we're talking factory store and not the entire corporation. they run small batches of a lot of flukey disc/plastic combinations.

secondly, peddle your discs somewhere else. this thread needs positivity not a negative nancy trying to move the thread in a direction other than forward.

Understood...that is exactly why we are only seeking a CFR run if at all possible. This is also the reason that the following is posted in the updated list every time the number grows: we represent a small fraction of the community that purchases your discs on a regular basis.

PM sent on the SL....;)

^^Yes it is a small amount of people, but the people that have looked at and posted interest on this site is also a VERY small portion of the disc golf community. 240 discs guaranteed from this small number of golfers is pretty impressive in my opinion.
My thoughts exactly.

They ran probably 1000 Totem TeeBirds from existing stock. They probably ran that many glow Gators in two runs. You're going to need to impress Innova, and I don't see 240 doing that. We can't get glow PDs or Rhynos run, and I guarantee they'd sell at least 500 within a day or two.

There are more lurkers than members on here at any given time. Our count of 240 is probably around 500-750+ when you include lurkers. And all of them would buy more if they liked the disc, as well as us. These things have a snowball effect. Innova KNOWS this.

Let's get this disc made!

I can't imagine why Innova isn't making these ASAP with a 240 of them wanted!

End sarcasm.

No need to be a hater.........as tourny director for 2013 u.s. Masters you should try to get them to run them as a cfr for the event I bet it would be the best selling fund raiser disc for the tourny

There are more lurkers than members on here at any given time. Our count of 240 is probably around 500-750+ when you include lurkers. And all of them would buy more if they liked the disc, as well as us. These things have a snowball effect. Innova KNOWS this.

Let's get this disc made!

Does Innova really know how much love is out there for the pigs????

Has anyone else seen the First Run Pro Pig up for auction right now on feebay???

Current high bid....$51.00. :eek:

2 days to go. :popcorn:

Latest posts