• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Speculation on the four 2014 released discs.

They said 1 putter, 2 drivers, and 1 control driver so I am suspecting a speed 9 or 10 to be considered a control driver. I do agree though I would have been happier to see a speed 7 or a slightly less o/s tridentesque disc.

Yep, or an overstable mid. Still can't complain with the quality of their recent releases.

but bro ... you can throw ... the world.

you can flip it, bomb it, chuck it, rip it, toss it, roll it, grip it, slice it, finger it, any verb it.

It certainly is entertaining when put that way.

For whatever reason it just doesnt fit in my mind. Doesn't seem Finnish enough I guess. Underworld, stag, warship, king, sword, boatman, Northmen... World just seems so non-midevil. It could have been the opposite of the underworld. "Old school Finnish heavin" (whatever it's called) and been a crazy over stable mid.

Just not sensing that westside vibe with the name.

Yep, or an overstable mid.

I'd said elsewhere that I could throw an all-Westside bag no sweat, and got to thinking that this would be the only slot I'd really have trouble filling. I've never thrown a Warship - wonder if a max weight VIP could serve. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what a Westside OS mid looks like when it does come out - I'd guess that it'll be faster, to pair with the Warship. That would also distinguish it from Lat's OS mids.

For whatever reason it just doesnt fit in my mind. Doesn't seem Finnish enough I guess. Underworld, stag, warship, king, sword, boatman, Northmen... World just seems so non-midevil. It could have been the opposite of the underworld. "Old school Finnish heavin" (whatever it's called) and been a crazy over stable mid.

I'd guess something's getting lost in translation - I bet "the world" has epic connotations in Finnish.

I don't know the finnish name yet either, but in finnish mythology world was born from a duck's egg. That's where the stamp comes from atleast. The harp was an instrument of a sorcerer(Väinämöinen) who was a main character in the national epic(Kalevala) of ours. They still have loads of characters/places/weapons to use.
Sry about the history lesson. :D

Westside Maailma(world), Westside Tietäjä(sorcerer), Westside Kannel(harp) ja Westside Sotakirves(hatchet). As finnish the names arent the best but theyll do. And they are pretty much the straight translation from finnish to english.

I don't know the finnish name yet either, but in finnish mythology world was born from a duck's egg. That's where the stamp comes from atleast. The harp was an instrument of a sorcerer(Väinämöinen) who was a main character in the national epic(Kalevala) of ours. They still have loads of characters/places/weapons to use.
Sry about the history lesson. :D

This clears up the the stamp and makes it sound better. I like that their connected. Good post.

WSD

The hatchet should be speed 10 and be overstable. I'd like to see 10/5/0/4 because my Stag doesn't fly like a 0/3 it's more like a -1/2 and it would be nice to have something a little more overstable than the striker.

Exactly my thoughts, need a stable fairway from WS.
I am buying the sorcerer REGARDLESS!!!!

I'm no Juggalo by any means (I cannot stand the music of ICP), but I might have to paint up my face, bring a couple bottles of Faygo to the course, and run around terrorizing other golfers, telling them i'm going to be 'throwin' hatchets left and right'

I swear, Westside has the coolest names and the most kickass stamps....

I just dont like any of their discs. :-(

I guess I'm lucky - Underworld and Warship are bagged, and 2 of the coolest stamps.

I have a feeling the Harp will be beadless and overstable, it would fill a spot that Lat64 is missing in premium plastic as the Sinus can't be molded in the premium plastics (they turn out overweight).

It would also make my Jokeri nervous so would be OK if it does'nt turn out that way.

Only other one that would interest me would be the Hatchet, nice lookin stamp. Hopefully something good for overhand shots, after all no one in their right minds would backhand a hatchet right?

I think I'm going to hold off buying a PA2 sine there's only a month or so left before I get really busy so I might as well wait to see what the Harp is. Right now my entire short range game is VIP/Opto/Lucid plastic so it would fit right in.

it would fill a spot that Lat64 is missing in premium plastic as the Sinus can't be molded in the premium plastics (they turn out overweight).

This is what makes me so sad. I carry 2 Sinuses and cringe when either one nails something, even the basket. Whether Hard/Soft, AP/SP, they do not take impacts well. I have backups, but still!

The other putters from different manufacturers that come in premium plastics just don't do it for me. Rhyno's thumbtrac feels goofy on a driving throw. Zones are just too long and glidey for ease of approach shots. Some of the other choices just aren't that max overstable putter that I'm looking for.

I'd love to see the Harp end up around the Pig/P3/Rhyno/Sinus flight path, but available in VIP. I'd have a hard time letting go of the Sinus mold, but the plastic does not hold up.

Hoping the Harp to be more os than P2. Also Westside should bring swan available in VIP or in TP. I love westside plastic :D. Thank god they are available in pretty much all sport stores here.

This is what makes me so sad. I carry 2 Sinuses and cringe when either one nails something, even the basket. Whether Hard/Soft, AP/SP, they do not take impacts well. I have backups, but still!

The other putters from different manufacturers that come in premium plastics just don't do it for me. Rhyno's thumbtrac feels goofy on a driving throw. Zones are just too long and glidey for ease of approach shots. Some of the other choices just aren't that max overstable putter that I'm looking for.

I'd love to see the Harp end up around the Pig/P3/Rhyno/Sinus flight path, but available in VIP. I'd have a hard time letting go of the Sinus mold, but the plastic does not hold up.

Don't expect the Sinus to get the GL/Opto love it deserves. Tomas mentioned a while ago that they tried but it would not mold up proper.

Don't expect the Sinus to get the GL/Opto love it deserves. Tomas mentioned a while ago that they tried but it would not mold up proper.

Maybe they can keep them underweight with some of that VIP Air technology. I love the Sinus.