• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Spring 2020 - What have you bought/what do you want?

hgranger27

Bogey Member
So 'tis the season as many of us fellow rust belters would say. What have you bought over the winter and are itching to try out? What discs are you currently hunting for or have just bought in anticipation of getting out and hucking straight into a pond?

For me, every spring I go buy 2 new putters minimum. This is how I switched from Banger GTs to hard Magnets, to hard Challengers, back to Bangers, then to Deputies, and now for the past 2 seasons I am on Marshals. This spring I am going to try out Wardens (have 2 max weights ordered from Hyzerfarm).

As far as other purchases over the offseason I have only bought 2 discs, a max weight VIP-X Underworld and a 178 TI Buzzz. Possibly will be swapping out my Lucid Emac Truth for the Buzzz we will see how she flies :).

I haven't really gotten around to purchasing much plastic this winter/spring as there have been other pressing issues :thmbdown:...normally I would have bought probably 10 discs+. My main disc golf buddy really sticks to his favorite discs and NEVER tries new ones hardly ever. His go-tos are Star/Pro Destroyers, Star/Pro Beasts, Z XS, Z Wasp, FLX Drone, ESP Meteor, and putts with Marshals. The only disc he has changed in the last 10 years is 2 years ago when I switched to Marshals he did as well...1 disc change in 10 years!! I can't live like that, I MUST try new discs out!

Anyways, I'll ask again...What discs have you purchased this off-season/what discs are you looking to buy/try out this year??

I've bought a few AviarX3's over the last few months. I like them more & more every time I use them.

I just got a Star TL3 & liked it so much I went back online to get a Champion. I really want to lock this mold down & get surgical with it.

I've bought a couple ow Champion Leopard3's & have been liking those too. I'm not certain if they'll stay but time will tell.

I've bought a few AviarX3's over the last few months. I like them more & more every time I use them.

I just got a Star TL3 & liked it so much I went back online to get a Champion. I really want to lock this mold down & get surgical with it.

I've bought a couple ow Champion Leopard3's & have been liking those too. I'm not certain if they'll stay but time will tell.

I am a big Leopard3 fan. If I lose mine I will definitely buy another...or 3.

Everything lol, since I am just getting rolling again , I bought about 1 of every disc gateway makes and a stack of 10 PW voodoos for the rusty practice basket.

I have also stocked up on a few of my favorites. Old Polaris LSs and the 2014 am worlds SJLSs, actually have found about 5 of the SJLSs in the last month.

Also, right before some good one's ebay fraud I bought a stack of kastaplast to give them a try.

Funny thing for me though, my practice plan this spring involves only using 4 discs, then expanding as I get comfortable with those. I sure will have plenty at home to choose from. Now if only we would get through 'Rona and life could get back to normal. A lot of my local parks are closed. So can't even play solo and skip my putts.

Basically boredom is costing a lot.

I was a good dude, I got treated very well by the DG goddess (my wife).
Zucca AT cart in woodland Camo and the DD putter pouch.
3 Prime Wardens. Damn these will multiply once we get out of Ronaville and I can start working again.
Vandal in Lucid Air. Again, another winner that will multiply.
Replaced my Breakouts (I'm a noodle arm) that I lost last year. In Fusion and Prime. I'm sort of on a prime kick.
Lat 64 Air Maul. My noodle arm is loving lighter discs this season. I like this cause it flips so quick and rolls for ever. I'm thinking of practicing with it to finally master rollers.
Lucid Air Trespass. See above noodle arm. A twelve speed that I can actually get pretty far with.
Tursa in both VIP and Orgio (westside disks prime). I lost the used one I got last year, so that was on the list.
Getaway in Lucid. The first Getaway I tried I returned, it was in fusion burst and it would just immediately start turning left as soon as I threw it. Not so much with it in Lucid.
Pretty much I'm a Trilogy fanboy, unashamed. The bag this year is really doing well for me. The cart was a god send. The only things I'm looking to get more of is replacing my Prime Truth and Emac Truth, and of course anything else that DD might be able to twist my arm into.

Oh where to start.

Way too much Ledgestone stuff. Wasps, Undertaker, Buzzz, Stalker, and Tracker.

Voodoo, Bergs, Kaxe, Lots, 2 Explorers, bunch of Zones, 2 Ringer GT's, 170 carat Diamond, 2 Ra's, Emperor, 7 Aztecs, ESP and Z Undertakers, 2 Wraiths, um...

That's all I can think of offhand.

Everything lol, since I am just getting rolling again , I bought about 1 of every disc gateway makes and a stack of 10 PW voodoos for the rusty practice basket.

I have also stocked up on a few of my favorites. Old Polaris LSs and the 2014 am worlds SJLSs, actually have found about 5 of the SJLSs in the last month.

Also, right before some good one's ebay fraud I bought a stack of kastaplast to give them a try.

Funny thing for me though, my practice plan this spring involves only using 4 discs, then expanding as I get comfortable with those. I sure will have plenty at home to choose from. Now if only we would get through 'Rona and life could get back to normal. A lot of my local parks are closed. So can't even play solo and skip my putts.

Basically boredom is costing a lot.

Haha! That is my normal spring routine!

Oh where to start.

Way too much Ledgestone stuff. Wasps, Undertaker, Buzzz, Stalker, and Tracker.

Voodoo, Bergs, Kaxe, Lots, 2 Explorers, bunch of Zones, 2 Ringer GT's, 170 carat Diamond, 2 Ra's, Emperor, 7 Aztecs, ESP and Z Undertakers, 2 Wraiths, um...

That's all I can think of offhand.

Tried any of the pure white voodoos?

Tried any of the pure white voodoos?

I haven't. I actually haven't even tried the voodoo yet. It's just a firm one. I don't really know my Gateway plastics, just that there's a ton of them.

After sorting and organizing my disc stash, I realized that I have plenty of backups for every slot ... Except the CD2. So I've been on a kick of stocking up.

Fortunately I like the recent run of S-line, so there are plenty to be had at reasonable prices. A few interesting stamps floating around, too.

My next step is to fill out my "7 speed" game.

Eventually, I want to settle on a "wind" disc and a "calm" disc. The Teebird is the obvious wind choice, but it hurts my hand a lot for some reason (only thrown it in Champ plastic). Meanwhile, the Leopard3 is just slightly not good enough in the wind, but also might not be as good for me as the River when it's calm. So I want to experiment with the Explorer (for wind) and Stalker (for calm) along with the River/Teebird(in other plastic)/Leop3, and see if I can find a good 2 disc combo out of these 5 candidates (and any other suggestions!) in the 7 slot that doesn't mess up my hand. That's my mission lol, wish me luck. I'm gonna be buying at least 10 copies of the various 7 speeders this month.

**And if there's a great 7 speed disc out there that is both good in the wind and comfortable in the hand, please let me know!

Eventually, I want to settle on a "wind" disc and a "calm" disc. The Teebird is the obvious wind choice, but it hurts my hand a lot for some reason (only thrown it in Champ plastic). Meanwhile, the Leopard3 is just slightly not good enough in the wind, but also might not be as good for me as the River when it's calm. So I want to experiment with the Explorer (for wind) and Stalker (for calm) along with the River/Teebird(in other plastic)/Leop3, and see if I can find a good 2 disc combo out of these 5 candidates (and any other suggestions!) in the 7 slot that doesn't mess up my hand. That's my mission lol, wish me luck. I'm gonna be buying at least 10 copies of the various 7 speeders this month.

**And if there's a great 7 speed disc out there that is both good in the wind and comfortable in the hand, please let me know!

Eagle maybe? Stable enough for wind imo.

I would suggest the Eagle, which is actually 2 molds.

X-mold Eagle is your "wind" disc. This is most Eagles bought off the shelf these days.

L-mold Eagle is your "calm" disc. This has been discontinued by Innova, but they use that mold to make the Exodus for Infinite Discs. And there are many L-mold Eagles that you can buy used.

I got Two Innova Archon One in Star 170 grams with a very tad higher then average dome and a 172 odd bad type Distructulan top where the Dome meets on the top plate part over the wing Champion at 172 grams that has 3-4 in glide not the 5 with . I hope for these Archon especially the domed Star 170 Grams to be my eventual longest thrower since my 167 Gram Champion Destroyer is a little bit too much disc I can sort of use and my 170 Champion Destroyer is truly too much disc. I hope the 170-171 gram Star Archon becomes my longest driver.

I wanted a speed 12 driver that was in both Star and Champion the -2/2 like a Valkyrie but I can't and the Whaoo is odd due in part to its 6 in glide so an 11 speed will have to do. I have tested the discs in a nearby park that is mostly a field and the Star was out preforming both Glow Champion and near flat top Star Valkyrie I have at 170 grams for both discs, and obivously the Champion Archon that was not great but will work for times I need a Valkyrie flight exactly but into a headwind from 25 up to 30-35 mph as past that I will just use my lighter weight Champion Destroyer. I had to do the hot water method to the Champion Archon before I could throw the disc as I got a disc slicker and stiffer then the Jolly Launcher Champion I got my Champion Destroyers in, probably too stiff for PDGA competition. This plastic was almost as stiff as the plastic used for windows when new but now is softer to where Jolly Launcher starts but has the grip of good Champion that has a little more in give to the disc when new.

Last edited:
After sorting and organizing my disc stash, I realized that I have plenty of backups for every slot ... Except the CD2. So I've been on a kick of stocking up.

Fortunately I like the recent run of S-line, so there are plenty to be had at reasonable prices. A few interesting stamps floating around, too.

I did that last year with the Z Stalker, bought 6 backup but then at the time in early 2019 I thought the last premium plastic OS fairway was going oop in the Z plastic for Pro D when all that was happening was the Running out Z Stalker for ones with flight numbers on the stamp.

I would suggest the Eagle, which is actually 2 molds.

X-mold Eagle is your "wind" disc. This is most Eagles bought off the shelf these days.

L-mold Eagle is your "calm" disc. This has been discontinued by Innova, but they use that mold to make the Exodus for Infinite Discs. And there are many L-mold Eagles that you can buy used.

I didn't know the Exodus was an Eagle-L. I thought I saw on the factory store a few months ago that they had both Eagle L's and X's in Gstar. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

I didn't know the Exodus was an Eagle-L. I thought I saw on the factory store a few months ago that they had both Eagle L's and X's in Gstar. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

Ah, that may be true. I'm not a fan of G-star, so not up to date in that regard.

There are still F2 Eagle-L's available in champ from the Factory Store if you ask nicely or know the right folks.

And yes, as far as I can tell: S-blend Exodus is actually a Star Eagle-L with a new brand and stamp. Good disc.