• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Spring 2020 - What have you bought/what do you want?

I'm switching back to the Warden for putting this year. I switched to Jk Aviars last year and they were alright. I used a Yeti Aviar all winter and it was alright. Now that it got warm it's like I forgot how to putt. Back to the Wardens. I have no clue why I stopped using them in the first place. Anyway, I've never thrown prime. Is that like dx? I use classic blend currently. Might pick one up to compare with the blend.

Prime has a more tacky feel than classic or blend, but still hard like classic. Kinda feels like jawbreaker, but less rubbery.

Last edited:
Bought: nothing
Want: nothing other than a couple extra backups like a gstar Mamba and a couple pinnacle Cannons.

I'm switching back to the Warden for putting this year. I switched to Jk Aviars last year and they were alright. I used a Yeti Aviar all winter and it was alright. Now that it got warm it's like I forgot how to putt. Back to the Wardens. I have no clue why I stopped using them in the first place. Anyway, I've never thrown prime. Is that like dx? I use classic blend currently. Might pick one up to compare with the blend.

I honestly haven't throw DX in like 2 years so. It is they're lowest cost plastic so, in that case yes. But the feel for me with prime is much like a more velvety type BTmedium plastic, I so i would say the classic blend except more tacky. I've got nearly all the plastics of Harp so, medium, which is classic blend in DD side.
Give it a shot, they only cost like 13 to 14 for the burst..even less for plain.

I'll probably order a couple then, I don't have a place that sells DD anywhere near me so I've never felt them. As long as they don't feel like dx I should like them.

I'm not as in to trying out a lot of new stuff. Sold all of my other putting putter molds off this winter, as a way to force myself to commit to sticking with the Steady.

That being said, I do love finding some nice versions of what I am throwing. Will probably pick up some tour series stuff. Missed getting CT JB Wasps and mini star stamped Comets, they all sold out too quick. Still searching for Matt Bell Pro Series Steadys too, someone out there bought them because I can't find them online anymore.

I'm definitely looking to procure backups. I'll probably wait til I can pick one out in person.

Same with a Star Valkyrie, I want a no dome/nearly no dome to get the flight I want, a Viking type flight but using a Valkyrie disc. My older one has 2-3 micro chip spots including the one it came with.

A Halo Star Firebird and two Halo Star Sidewinders. The Sidewinders are trying to work their way into my bag.

I just got a Star Sidewinder recently and love it. Getting a Halo Sidewinder (USWDGC model) tomorrow (4/28). Have you thrown the Star Sidewinder? If so, how did it compare to the Halo? Did the Halo go further?

I really like the Sidewinder for forehands.....going to be interesting to see the Halo version in comparison - I've been thinking the heavier plastic on the rim (like MVP and Axiom discs) will give it more spin and further distance.

Prime is kind of like a tackier DX. Personally, I prefer Classic Blends as long as the temp is <80*ish, but in warmer weather I switch out Classic Blends for Primes. Logically you'd think I'd switch from Classic Blends to regular ol' Classics at that point, but Primes feel grippier to me while still being firm enough for warm weather. That's actually a big party of why I switched from Crowns to Judges, is that Crowns don't (or at least didn't at the time) come in Prime/Origio and I really am not a fan of Classic/BT Hard.

Has DD released a Lucid-X Verdict before? If so I would like to get my hands on one of those puppies.

I just got a Star Sidewinder recently and love it. Getting a Halo Sidewinder (USWDGC model) tomorrow (4/28). Have you thrown the Star Sidewinder? If so, how did it compare to the Halo? Did the Halo go further?

I really like the Sidewinder for forehands.....going to be interesting to see the Halo version in comparison - I've been thinking the heavier plastic on the rim (like MVP and Axiom discs) will give it more spin and further distance.

I have both Star and Halo Star Sidewinders. The Star is less domey. The Halo one has more HSS and a more glidey fade.

Bought: LE mystery box containing 2 Preds (Elite-X and LE ESP), 2 Cyclones (one swirl and the other just a regular purple), Hawk, superlight Buzzz, ESP Thrasher, Cryztal FLX Zone, Swirly Ti Stalker, Sparkle Undertaker. Also ordered a barstamp Zeus and mini Big Z Nuke to get the PM Mini Zone. I also just ordered a DG Stego with an Amber Gila (Gila was half off with the Stego). I'm in the process of possibly acquiring more Stalkers, one is an old gold Ti, and the other is a Hailey King TS.

Wants: POTY Cryztal Fierce, MJ '20 Comet, Hades and some beat up Wasps.

I ain't bought much of anything but I might get a new bag soon. Mostly just been trying out some plastic that I've won/gotten in player's packs over the last couple of years.

I'm clearing out while also ordering a few things.
I have like 4 large bins of discs/bags/etc and I'm trying to get down to two.
But, selling off discs also leaves the door open for buying more discs, so I've bought:
A Titan practice basket, which I'm loving.
A number of K3 bergs for putting practice in the yard, an Xt Nova (giving this another shot after a long time away), a Z Comet is on the way (I've never thrown a Comet in 20yrs of DG), and I Blend Infinite Emperor, a lunar Millennium QMS for a back up, and I'm considering selling off most of my bags and getting a Zucca Compact.

Don't really need anything as I'm pretty happy with my bag and have backups for days, even for different slots in cycles.

Wanted to support a local shop so I ordered some discs and shirts, including one of those flat pearly Champ Firebirds from last year that they still had on the shelves.

After reading threads on this forum I now want to try a TL3 and XT Aviar.

I'm clearing out while also ordering a few things.
I have like 4 large bins of discs/bags/etc and I'm trying to get down to two.
But, selling off discs also leaves the door open for buying more discs, so I've bought:
A Titan practice basket, which I'm loving.
A number of K3 bergs for putting practice in the yard, an Xt Nova (giving this another shot after a long time away), a Z Comet is on the way (I've never thrown a Comet in 20yrs of DG), and I Blend Infinite Emperor, a lunar Millennium QMS for a back up, and I'm considering selling off most of my bags and getting a Zucca Compact.

Comets are smooth af. I should probably pick one up just cause.... haven't had one since I lost my first run ESP about 6 or 7 years ago.

Comets are smooth af. I should probably pick one up just cause.... haven't had one since I lost my first run ESP about 6 or 7 years ago.

I ordered a Z Comet from Black Ink discs with a sweet stamp but a friend heard I didn't;t have any and sent me this one right away, lol. Can't wait to give them a toss.
Ajp8Jcc.jpg