• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stamp Removal vs Disc Flight

Does a dyed disc fly different? The change of appearance does not change the flight unless you change the shape or plastic.

taking the stamp off my white star teebird and writing "FREE EARL" on it in huge black letters made it fly better

if anything it could be slightly faster and less stable depending on the method used to get the stamp off.. Even the small rough sponges can scratch some discs and wear the polymer but doubtful it is even enough to notice unless you went from brand-new to sanding the the thing..

if you take the stamp off the disc forgets who it is and then just roams around lost.

I wrote KC Pro Valet on one of my aviars and it flys better. always gets the best parking

perhaps if we put "GO HOME" on our discs then draw an arrow pointing towards the basket.

unless it's a tie-die or has some sort of patern, you won't be able to phyiscally see the rotation on the disc. Outside of field practice, I don't see how this would effect competitive play.

I took the stamp off of a Groove because I didn't want anyone knowing that I threw it. Lost it and got a new one (with stamp still on). The new one flies completely different, so I just assumed it was the stamp. :p:thmbup:

On a few of my discs I've removed everything but the name of the disc. Pro Boss with only Boss on it, Champion Firebird with only Firebird on it, etc. IMO it makes it look sleeker because it doesn't have all of the nonsense on it.

But yes, it does completely change flight. After removing the stamp my discs fly backwards.

Latest posts