• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Standing on Top of the World!

I agree, there's a lot of luck involved. But there IS a route. My best shot so far has been with a Wasp, straight down.

The newest and longest course at Horning's Hideout has a 420' hole that drops 124'... through trees.

0b0f3271.jpg

Damn what happens if you trip?

#17 at Bryant Lake has already been said and #15 at Winter Park and #18 at Hyland Ski and SNowboard!! I played them all in September and enjoyed them thoroughly

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/2030/e69c3c66.jpg

thats Winter Park

I don t consider Ski Hills to be true Top o World shots....Im a purist maybe....Campgaw Mighty Gaw has a huge throw from top of MTN to Bottom that is one of the longest and most dramatic Ive thrown...but its not a great disc golf shot IMO....

This is IUP College Lodge Hole 18 has a dramatic drop with trees on both sides of fairway.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/123/611e8aa8.jpg

Just a pic from Highbridge, not a teepad view. However, a buddy ripped a dx leopard thatta way... that was fun:)

I figured this picture could add to the threads scenic value a bit.

Pictures 020.jpg

stafford looks nutts. i gotta make a road trip out san fran way! best top of the world shot i have taken is hole 11 at ski sunrise in wrightwood, ca.

807f352e_m.jpg

this pic doesnt do it justice. its about 700' out and about 600' elevation changes. TONS of spots to lose your discos. one of my fave shots in disc golf.

Hole #3 at Cass Benton in Northville, Mi
It doesn't look that high in the pic, but you are a ways up there!
740 ft hole and it feels like at least 300 ft of it is elevation.
8722a21b.jpg

come on now - 300 feet = 30 story building
by this pic it doesn't even look like you're above the tree tops

come on now - 300 feet = 30 story building
by this pic it doesn't even look like you're above the tree tops

I could be exagerating. Its been a while since I played there. Its definitely up there though. I know it felt like a long walk down hill to get to the pin. :)

I could be exagerating. Its been a while since I played there. Its definitely up there though. I know it felt like a long walk down hill to get to the pin. :)

People always exagerate elevation....anything over 30 feet is really amazing....as a rule consider the following:
that the Great Pyramid in Egypt is 455 ft tall.
The Statue of Liberty including base is 305 ft....
The farthest vertical drop for a ski slope in Michigan is 622 ft from peak to base...
The farthest drop in Wisconsin is 300 ft...
.The tallest pine tree in Michigan is 157 ft.
Most Maples top out around 65 ft.
Redwoods can make it to 300 feet!
The top of the Pontiac Silverdome is 202 feet.

I often have a difficult time estimating heights and distances but what has helped me is to consider that a 167 foot throw would seem like a short hole to most...then consider that a 167 foot drop would be akin to throwing off of Niagra Falls!

This picture does suck!... but the hole does not. (I've played it 10+ times).
Not quite 600' of elevation loss though... maybe 130'.
DSCJNKY

Ehhh...600'....130'....it's basically the same. lol;)