• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] starfire why dont they sell.

Love my champ starfire, first ace disc. It's beaten in perfectly, will hold a perfectly straight line longer than any of my other disc. It's truly a laser, at least my flat top is, the new ones are very domey.

I agree there are many similar discs that overlap. Also, the name/stamp may not appeal as much as something from "Lord Of the Rings" or a "Star Destroyer". The Viking seems similar in popularity to the Starfire to me. I think most power throwers probably go up in stability, while noodlers like me go for Valks. Vike/SFs are indeed "tweeners".

i liked my starfire traded a friend though it was the best forehand disc ive ever used

It's one of those discs, where every position it could possibly hold in a bag, is probably already being held by something better/more versatile. It's definitely still a solid disc though.

This^^

I have a Champ Starfire in my bag although I 'll admit it gets rare use. I usually pull it out when it gets super windy.

and this^^.

I got one to throw FH on holes where a late right turn or was needed. It fit that slot perfectly and I used it for a long time just for that. Recently, I got a champ teebird and I can do the same with it at the same distances, but the teebird is better BH for me. The last time I threw my starfire was BH into a really stiff headwind and it performed beautifully.

Star, Champ and DX Starfires are the X mold

Pro and Star SL are the L mold although there is a run of Pro Starfires that are the X mold

Val likes the SL although both she and Avery throw the SX for sidearms.

SX is a little flippier than an Avenger.

Noodlearms like me that need a good FH disc. :)

darn you....
now i gotta go buy one and test it out.....
i happen to be looking for a longer midrange FH disc...

there goes another $16 to the DG experiment cause....

:wall:

Nah, brotha. They got X-outs aplenty if you know where to look.

The Starfire is a mediocre headwind disc BH, doesn't perform the "longer Teebird" magic as well as discs like the OLF and PD but FH it works like a charm, beefy and consistent when new and versatile and controllable when it gets beat in.

i love my pearly flat top starfire. its great it headwinds and i use it all the time throwing over the lake at Buckhorn (NC). plus its just a beautiful disc. haha. too bad i can hardly find any of these anymore. every starfire i find now is so domey and stiff.

I'm a starfire fan. I usually have 2 in my bag, 1 beat and 1 new.

I also started throwing the SL this year and I now have 2 in the bag as well. I like the starfires because they are more stable than my teebirds and they hold up better in the wind. It's usually windy around here.

My first ace was with a champ starfire. I was passing through Indianapolis with the wife and we stopped at a random course. It was a blind hole so I had to walk up the fairway to find the basket.

I think it was about 240-250. I just threw a nice easy hyzer and didn't hear it land. I was shocked & a little disappointed that I didn't see my first ace hit the basket. It stuck in the bottom of the basket, looked like a taco before I pulled it out.