• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Steve Boucher "ending 8 1/2 year chapter" ... ?

Jesus Christ I hope not. This sick obsession with these people and their company is getting old and tired. I hate 'em too, but damn let some sht go. Not you personally, but the ones still overly invested.

Since I started this silly thread I do not have a "sick obsession" with Salient but I will admit I do find a rather sadistic satisfaction in seeing someone fall who has failed so utterly and completely in customer service among many other things.

Hey, this was DG's shot at the spotlight. ESPN (3). Perhaps a follow up could focus on the impact of that. What went right (if anything) and what went wrong. Is there a viable path towards mainstream recognition via this type of exposure or time to move on from the idea that ESPN = we made it.

I don't normally post on topics like this because the discussion has played out almost exactly the same, from the time I took an interest in the sport all the way up to present day.

It's time to move on from the 'ESPN = we made it' idea.

The large majority of sports that are popular and played globally don't get on ESPN. The vast majority of collegiate sports in the United States don't even see broadcast. Do people really judge the popularity of weightlifting, curling, and bobsledding by exposure on ESPN? Of course we don't. I'd say 99% of the viewers occur only during the olympics. But people interested in these sports know where to find them and how to watch.

People are moving away from paid television plans (I did about 2.5 years ago) and ESPN is hemorrhaging money because of it. So, this is not the time that ESPN is going to branch out more and try to bring in fringe sports that won't haul in viewers like a 'sure thing' sport (ie ones they already cover). They are going to try to get as much guaranteed viewing as they can, so they can sell the highest dollar for commercial spots.

Real success of the sport should really be measured with the increased amount of courses being installed, and the increased number of pdga events and participants.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ I hope not. This sick obsession with these people and their company is getting old and tired. I hate 'em too, but damn let some sht go. Not you personally, but the ones still overly invested.

Holy He***, I am going to have to agree with ZAM here.

63429473.jpg

I'm not going to disagree with you, but Ultiworld did do a preview story, so a review story is warrented.

Having ran an online zine myself, the one thing you can never have is too much quality content.

The one thing you can never have too much of is actually past participles.

Yet here you are in a clearly titled thread. Jesus Christ you hope not, because you would still feel inclined to read the article, right? If not, how could it's existence bother you? You don't get to decide when a train wreck is no longer interesting. Get off your soap box, and get over yourself.

Or you could just ignore the thread to begin with.

:clap:

Since I started this silly thread I do not have a "sick obsession" with Salient but I will admit I do find a rather sadistic satisfaction in seeing someone fall who has failed so utterly and completely in customer service among many other things.

The downfall of arrogance does have a certain entertainment value.

Latest posts