• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sticking to one company

Vonbeezy1

Banned
Is there any sort of consistencies in a players game when they stick with one company? Or is it necessary to switch up because there are certain discs that just aren't replicated? I've played with people who carry only one company and I've played with people who have 5 different companies. I've recently thought about playing with only prodigy (never heard anything bad about the company). What are everyone's thought?

I know I haven't played that long but I did start out with the mentality of only buying Innova and was set on it for a while. After doing much research on the internet and looking at the other companies flight charts of different discs I have recently bought Discraft and I'm excited about venturing to other companies like MVP, Lat 64, and DD when I can find them. I haven't been commited enough to drive the hour to the store that would have them all lol.. :\ But I'm alot more open minded to try out the different companies.

Man, your internet life is awesome if you've never heard anything bad about prodigy! Hahaha don't hang around here if you'd like to keep that prodigy innocence! Good luck on your quest man.

Unless you are getting paid to do it, there is little to gain by limiting yourself to only throwing one company's discs. Keep an open mind and be willing to try anything. You never know what disc might suit your game perfectly.

Unless you are getting paid to do it, there is little to gain by limiting yourself to only throwing one company's discs. Keep an open mind and be willing to try anything. You never know what disc might suit your game perfectly.

This ^^ Why would you "only" throw Prodigy just on the basis that you've "never heard anything bad about them"? I guess there are also people out there that only drink Coors products. :sick:

Pick the disc that you need and feels good to you rather than the name that's on it. At least up until the sponsorship $$$$ starts rolling in.........

Right now I've got 6 manufacturers (DD, Discraft, Prodigy, Westside, Legacy, and Innova) in my bag and another 3 (Vibram, Millenium, and Gateway) that I sometimes use. It's gotten me all the way up to an 845 rating. :wall::gross:

I used to throw a 9 disc bag with 7 different companies. Now I only throw MVP. I am more consistent, and there's comfort in the familiarity of throwing one brand.

Can't remember where I heard this:

Don't cheat yourself, throw a mixed bag.

Why limit yourself to one company? It is a self-imposed rule for any non-sponsored player.

Maybe you really like a ton of Company X stuff, but there's just a couple slots that Company X can't fit right for you. Maybe their putters don't inspire confidence in you. Do you try to adjust to discs that aren't right for those slots? Do you give up Company X and move to Company Y completely who can fill those slots, at the cost of the old discs you knew you loved from Company X.

Use whatever individual specific discs work for you. Its not as if each disc made by a single manufacturer carry some specific mojo that you have specialization points in. Discs from company are as varied from each other as they are to discs from another manufacturer for the most part. Get a disc, learn that specific one (another just like it may not fly just like it) and love it.

We tend to look at single manufacturer bags as a statement of loyalty and commitment, not as advantageous to our actual game. If you really respect Company X as a business, by all means support them by buying their stuff. If you find Company Y to be shady, maybe don't buy from them on principle. If you are indifferent to Company Z as a business, but they make a sweet disc, buy it simply because they make a good product for you.

I carry 5 manufacturers with no regrets. Some of the companies I prefer over the others, but I love each individual disc as a stand alone unit. I wouldn't give that up. There are other companies that I like, but don't bag, no biggie. Go with whatever has worked for you ... because ... it has worked for you.

I think it says something that all the guys who switched to Prodigy had mixed bags with multiple companies represented while Prodigy was filling out their lineup. You can be a great player just throwing discs from one of the handful of manufacturers with full lineups, but for most of us who aren't getting paid to do that you're probably going to have even more success finding what works best for you from a wider range of options.

Currently I have only 14 discs in my bag but I carry gateway, discraft, latitude, innova and legacy. I have 1 wizard, 1 river, 1 bandit/1 clutch, 1 star wraith and the rest are discraft with 2 magnets, 2 buzzz, 1 comet, 1 drone, 2 predator, 1 crush

Latest posts